Sunday, November 05, 2023

 A late night with the TV on and keeping the cats company as the fireworks exploded outside until the late hours. Maisie chilled and asleep in her favourite cardboard box, Sherlock finally sprawled and chilled on the sofa and he does take up the whole sofa. Mindy finally fell asleep on the stairs so all of the cats were in their usual spots and the Feliway is obviously helping. I sat up fuelled by tea and watching old repeated episodes of Porridge on the TV as well as dipping into this excellent book. A comedy programme from nearly fifty years ago and at times I was laughing out loud. Sadly very little to touch it today although that might just be my age but the anaemic sanitised modern rubbish that attempts to raise a few laughs just does not work. This morning it is pouring with rain again and I keep hoping for a dry day where I can do some more work on the garden which after the recent winds looks a mess. Instead, fresh brewed coffee and I built another model out of the box.


The kit is a Mohawk Mk IV (Curtiss P-36 Hawk) which was supplied with decals for a Finnish aircraft but I have some aftermarket decals for a South African aircraft in East Africa circa 1941. This can go alongside those builds for the East African campaign from the allies and the Italians. These aircraft were intended for the French airforce but following the French surrender Britain intercepted them and made use of them with the Commonwealth forces in Africa and south east Asia, primarily India and Burma. I decided on a quick OOB build after the fun of rigging the Gladiators although I now have a system and experience for rigging small biplanes. I'll need it as I have several WW1 aircraft in the stash in braille scale but also some larger scales of 1/48 and 1/32. Those will require more attention as I have to make up and apply turnbuckles, eyelets, etc...as the examples on this page show. There is this video showing how to  make your own turnbuckles using copper wire and syringe needles...patience, excellent lighting and magnifiers are definitely required! I have plenty of spare syringe needles and I have ordered copper wire for the future larger scale builds.

Otherwise we are preparing a Sunday roast and unsurprisingly feline radar has them all sat by the kitchen and I will enjoy a couple of glasses of Guinness later and dip into some good books. I hope you are all well and keeping sane in this increasingly crazy world of hate filled people. 

TTFN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home