Just a quick update as my Mum is comfortable and considering what she is going through she is doing ok. It transpired that alongside the cancer and osteoporosis, she has anaemia and she was over sedated with the pain relief. That has been reduced, she has undergone various tests and she says she feels better in herself, more compis mentis and mobilising using a walking frame. She has asked me to visit next week when she is back home and we can spend more time together instead of the hour or so on the ward. She will continue with hospice care at home and the plan is for her to eventually move into the hospice when she can no longer live at home independently. I plan to make regular trips down as I have a clearer picture regarding Sue's surgery apart from an actual date for that. The surgery could be any day within the next several months. The important thing is that Mum is doing ok. The car has been fuelled up and my overnight bag packed but that can wait until next week. Funnily enough, the Plague book I am reading concerns a village called Walsham le Willows in Suffolk and I have a mind to visit on my return from Colchester as well as a desire to visit the shrine at Little Walsingham, possibly next year when the weather is better and days longer.
I have started a quick build as a break from the Caproni build which is slowly coming together. I have filled some gaps and seams which will need time to set for sanding so this SE 5a biplane from WW1 is presenting its own challenges. I will rig it whilst the wings are taped to ensure rigidity before continuing with the brush painting. Trust me to pick a kit where people are arguing about the 'correct' colour scheme a century on from when the aircraft was flown. A mix of khaki drab and some olive green but I can blend the colours using oil paints.
The following photos show the work I did yesterday using thread to represent pipework on the engines...
Yes, CA glue and very delicate work which took a couple of hours as I had to take a couple of breaks to preserve my sanity!
Having completed the work I attached the engines, again using CA glue and despite managing to apply superglue to my figures and mess up the delicate thread work, I finally completed the job. In many respects this work required intense focus and absorption in the work which is a welcome respite from everything going on.
I also ordered a wonderful offer although I ordered it from their European store. I have now stopped buying model kits as I have enough to build but as soon as I saw the offer of three 1/35 scale Tiger 1 kits from a good company, I immediately ordered it. The kits bundle will arrive next February but even Sue could see I was excited at buying it and suggested I shouldn't let this pass. Andy is based in Phoenix, Arizona and it was his you tube video stream I followed for tips when I started modelling. Best I crack on with these builds to make space for next February.
TTFN.



2 Comments:
Pleased that they are sorting your Mum's conditions and making her as comfortable as possible.
WleW is a bit underwhelming... I stayed there in a B&B once in early spring when I did a long weekend batik course and no pub within 5 miles was doing food in the evenings, and the church was locked all the time with no indication of who the keyholder might be. The B&B owner took pity on me and said she could rustle up some food, but (as a true carby meat eater) all she had that I could eat was a lettuce, a soft tomato and a jar of mayo!!! She then charged me £10 extra for 'evening meal'!
Thanks BW, she has a UTI so her stay will be longer than anticipated.
That's a shame about WleW as the book is fascinating, a truly riveting read and I would like to visit there. I might do a short stop on my way home instead of staying there.Why am I not surprised the B&B owner charged that extortionate amount for a dreadful 'meal'.
Post a Comment
<< Home