Thursday, December 07, 2023

 I deliberately went shopping for presents for nearest and dearest at what I thought would be a quieter time...Nope, mayhem and chaos so I took my time, bought the necessaries and left them to it. I even managed to find a parking spot near home on my return much to my astonishment. Unless I absolutely have to I shall avoid the shops between now and early January as I really can't be doing with panicky people with heightened emotions. Madness!

To restore some balance I have started on another build...


A 1/35 scale M8 Howitzer Motor Carriage and yes, it really was small although the model I have learned since commencing the build is apparently too short! Assembled, base coats airbrushed on and some figures assembled and brush painted. Next job is to apply decals, washes and weathering. A change from the aircraft builds and a quick and enjoyable build. Hopefully I can get this finished for the weekend and in the meantime consider what to build next? That might have to wait as my mum is not doing well at home and I will pop down to see her before Xmas. More of the same problems that we anticipated but comes as a surprise to the GP and social care, although the carers themselves are good and they are saying she now needs 24/7 care.  I shall leave that there as I want to avoid a rant.


As a distraction my current read is the above book recommended by a shop assistant last week when Sue was shopping for a present for me and it makes for a fascinating read. I also ordered the following reference books for some of my future builds...


I had a quick shufti at the contents and I am delighted to have acquired these and at a good price. I have put a stop to buying models for now and I suggested several books to choose from as Xmas presents as apparently I am difficult to buy for! I have more than enough to build and I will now only buy tools and modelling materials such as paints and glues. 

TTFN.


5 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Ah, the FOTCRâ„¢ madness. No I don't miss it at all.

So sorry to read about your Mum. I just despair that older people are treated (or actually, not treated) the way they are in this country.

8:16 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

All my best to your Mum. I hope you can enjoy the holidays with her.

10:08 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thanks folks. I'm waiting for further news today but I feel stuck, unable to do much but fret and worry.

10:57 am  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

i feel for you.
Been there, done that.
Heartbreaking.

And really, it does not need to be like that.

5:25 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you BW.

11:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home