Hooray! It is almost completed apart from some light weathering and a small amount of rigging on the undercarriage but I am leaving it well alone to fully set as small pieces fall off each time I amend something. The Caproni Ca 101...
Obsolete by 1939 and sadly used by Fascist Italy during the war with Abyssinia where not only bombs but poison gas dropped on the Ethiopians.
Those engines were a struggle to complete and I ended up using white thread for the engines as the copper wire I had ordered several weeks ago didn't turn up until last week. The company gave me a refund but once it had arrived I then refunded their refund! I could have accepted the freebie but I am too honest for my own good.
The blue paint should be slightly lighter but seeing as very few people are aware of the second Italo-Abyssinian war let alone this aircraft I shan't worry about it. I have made some more progress on the Fiat G50 fighter and once that is completed I will consider one of the major builds next. I'm not sure which one but given the current circumstances, both personal and generally plus the expected bad weather I will need something to get my teeth into.
TTFN.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home