Monday, January 23, 2023

 


Calling this 95% completed as I need to finish the weathering and add a camouflage netting to the back before adding it to the diorama.


I stopped when I did this morning after knocking over a pot of paint, all over the desk top and my T shirt. After a clean up operation I decided to leave everything alone until tomorrow.


It has been shelved for now with other recent builds and it might be that I add the Rolls Royce Armoured Car to the diorama with the Chevy although I also have another recent build I might add instead.

A very lazy weekend watching darts on the TV, reading and modelling as I realised how tired work and illness has left me plus the discomfort of age, wear and tear. More of the same this week although we finally get our new front door this week. Just a few hours of disruption...I hope! Now to consider what my next build will be...

TTFN.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Such detail!

Hope it goes smooth with the front door. I've wanted to paint ours for some time but we could never decide on what color.
I think I got her to agree on purple so will plan on doing that when it gets warmer.

9:34 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you.

Deep Purple or a Lighter Shade of Pale...I had to get those musical references in!

Front door now fitted and it makes a huge difference, warmer and more secure. Sue certainly a lot happier.

It took two of them just under four hours to remove the old door and surround and then fit the new one.

Looking around the house and the one large single glazed window in the back room will need the frames repainting this summer. The work never stops!

2:20 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

I was thinking a darker shade - Deep Purple :) - but she may already be changing her mind. Whatever color it ends up, I want it done this summer.

Always ongoing!

10:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home