Sunday, January 01, 2023

 Awakened this morning to a crying sound outside the bedroom door and found Jerry stuck whilst Mindy refused to let him escape. Pouring with rain outside so he had snuck in, eaten and eventually found a spot to kip in. Very friendly but later on a huge scrap broke out between him and the ladies as Mindy had again cornered him, not a wise thing to do as he is a big cat. I scooped him up and deposited him outside in the garden as it had stopped raining. Sherlock won't return to the house whilst Jerry is around so when the weather is good he won't be admitted to our house as I do not want Sherlock frightened in his own home.

The above was from yesterday as I realised I had little of note to say and still felt unwell with the bloody cough. Today I feel much better, no cough and more energy so fingers crossed this leurgy has finally gone. 


I decided to work on my recent unfinished projects and the two dioramas involving the Italian models are having the finishing touches added to them. The car for a North African diorama which will need further figures added to it and the mule and gun in a Russian front diorama which will require me to model mud! I have other started but unfinished kits stored away requiring my attention and this coming month will be a good time to attend to them as and when I have completed the decorating and moved another smaller shelf unit back to display them. Happily, the week after next I will have more time for this. 


Mindy can never sit still for a photo when she is facing the camera and below is as good as it gets!




New Years eve I stayed up with the TV on for the cats as the fireworks upset the moggies and I kept them company. Half a bottle of beer consumed as I had very little desire for alcohol and I am heartily glad to see the back of the last year but I do wonder what the coming year will bring.

Otherwise a good start to 2023 and I wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

TTFN.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Happy New Year to you too delcatto.

Cats will be cats. I think they are beyond human comprehension.

6:41 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

Happy New Year, Delcatto!

Yes, that cat's owner is quite negligent. Glad you're feeling better.

6:42 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you folks.

Yes, cats will cat and do silly things. I am sorely tempted to deflea Jerry and provide him with a brief trip to the local vet but he is not my cat but we'll keep an eye on him from a distance.

12:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home