Saturday, December 17, 2022

 I made a start on the Italian ABM 41/42 this morning as the model room was slightly warmer, a definite absence of cats and I was itching to crack on with this kit build.


Working on the chassis when the postwoman delivered the Turkish Cezve with some Turkish coffee I had ordered. I had a hankering for real Turkish coffee and after some research on-line I ordered this and I plan to make some tomorrow. I find as I drink less alcohol my desire for a decent coffee has increased and it is several years since I had a proper Turkish coffee. I have the tiny cups already, a Xmas present from many years ago which I have never used so I am looking forward to trying this out tomorrow. Having had a pot of real coffee this morning I think I had enough caffeine in my system.

Quick progress made so far and the wheels and bonnet are dry fitted as it will need painting once some of the smaller parts are attached. I had considered the colourful scheme on the box but I opted instead for a 'Sahariana' set in Libya and Tunisia circa 1942 - 43. Compared to the Rolls Royce armoured car this is a very quick build which reflects some of the difficulties I faced with the previous build and painting scheme.

The cats were absent this morning as they have discovered we feed the birds and after a fruitless couple of hours they came in and attached themselves to the warmest spots in the house. I then took the opportunity to put food out for the birds and watched with amusement as a Robin helped himself whilst avoiding the largest pigeon I have ever seen. The Blackbirds are in abundance here and usually chase away the other birds apart from the Robin. Great entertainment whilst ensuring the birds are fed during this cold spell. the model build set aside now as the darts is on the telly.

TTFN.


3 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

We had a bird feeder before we got the house. But scattered seeds will grow and I've maintained the lawn weed-free pretty well.

Still, good entertainment and I wish we could find a place for one.

4:09 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Lol, yes.
Broken bread and berries with some the bread dipped in bacon fat / lard. Avoiding the seeds because we discovered the hard way that scattered seeds do grow!

9:00 pm  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

I am sad not to be able to feed the birds this year due to the risk to hens from avian flu spread by wild birds.

I miss them, but luckily there are lots of natural places for birds to forage around here.

11:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home