Finally arrived at my days off and I also have some annual leave days as well. We received a message from managers saying use them or lose them although there was the offer of exchanging those days for pay instead. I prefer to have the time off and a complete break altogether from work. An early night and up late this morning after a much needed good nights sleep following two sleepless nights. The latter I think is a result of the pressure to hand over my caseload, do the day to day work and prepare for an earlier than expected transition to my new role. But not my problem for the next several days.
Inevitably a day off means...
I have been working on this kit and progress so far from this morning and a few hours last weekend. I bought a diorama base to display the kit on and hope to paint that once the kit is built, painted and weathered. I shall add cat litter as rocks / stones plus some suitable gravel I find outside, all airbrushed and a reasonable facsimile of a desert scene. I also bought some figures for a planned future build of a 1/48 scale Pfalz E 1 monoplane in the stash and I decided I would like to really do justice to this kit. The photo etched metal parts will be added to the rigging and the two figures added to a small diorama.
Brush painted and currently on a trailer, a tiny kit and fun to build as a break from more complex difficult kits.
I plan to continue the slow approach to redecorating and weather permitting, some tidying up of the garden but otherwise some much needed R & R.
TTFN.




2 Comments:
I know we're in totally different jobs and countries, but I'm so jealous of the time off you get, even before your reduction in hours.
For many years we had strong trades unions and governments helped over the years. I do wonder how it will change in the future with more automation and fewer clerical jobs.
Post a Comment
<< Home