Saturday, November 07, 2020


Progress so far but sadly ground to a halt as Sherlock has taken up residence on the table. Given the increased anxiety amongst the cats thanks to those bloody fireworks I leave him to sleep there, often sitting beside him as I read and listen to music. Gradually, something magical happens...the other cats invariably approach and find comfy spots nearby to sleep. Gods forbid Sherlock moves away because within minutes his place will be pinched by one of the others. The record so far is four cats on the table but that included Fluffy when he was a guest here.


Another reason for the temporary halt to the build is that during a tidy up earlier this week I managed to lose an important clear part so I will have to scratch build a replacement. Happily or not, as the case may be, lots of packaging has unnecessary clear plastic wrapping so I will find something soon enough. I also added some oil paint to the yellow sections of the wings and that takes time to dry. The camouflage is a winter one of dark green over white for the Stalingrad campaign as any and every aircraft was used to deliver supplies to the doomed sixth army. I am back at work next week so it will be back to weekends modelling although dark evenings now encourage opportunities for building.

As for the news...FFS if you've lost pack your bags and go! If the people have made their choice go gracefully and we'll see what the next four years bring under President Harris. Sue has been following it all avidly and keeps me informed whether I want to know or not, so I have no need to look at the news but I have had the occasional peek. Life goes on, politicians of whatever ilk tend to make promises, get into power and then the realities of office ensure they fulfill the minimum of their promises. We have enough nonsense here at home to deal with as the country is again in lockdown. I popped out the other day to visit a couple of churches but ended up chatting to a couple of people as the churches are locked up and the whole experience was surreal. Empty roads and such an air of quiet desperation as I wandered around. All very odd.

My final two days of freedom and I will spend them ensuring the cats are safe at home and maintaining as stress free an atmosphere as possible for them and us! I think a few beers tonight as my return to work on Monday will see me returning to my diet routine. 

TTFN.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Round here I have never ever seen so many people out. Quiet rebellion I think.

I am very anti-war, but I do find the snippets you feed us - for example, about winter colours - fascinating.

Cats rule, don't they?

Biden cannot be worse than Trump. And he has lots of experience on his side, and, according to my American friend (who ahs been here 30 years) who did an internship in his office when he was something or other in Delaware State, he is an all round good guy, but, "What you see is all you get." Whatever that means.

2:50 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Cats definitely rule in this house. Little furry buglers as we spent three hours trying to get Sherlock in last night. He's delightful but not very bright and despite the safety of home he ran towards the fireworks!

I agree, Biden or Trump...let's see how the next four years go but there are some difficult years ahead of us.

I am fascinated by war but I am very much anti-war which is bizarre as I make models of war machines. I have slowed down my model making, not just to accommodate the cats but because I realised how many books I have awaiting my attention so this past week has seen me reading, escaping all the nonsense.

Yes, lots of people out and about, walking and exercising. The media has been running stories of police stopping those not adhering to the rules but I think patience is running out. seeing a video of several officers escorting an unmasked man out of a supermarket when he explained he was exempt because of anxiety. The police have since apologised and admitted they were wrong to do this but I certainly feel my support for the police diminishing as time goes on.I now wonder what I can tell patients who are frightened to wear masks, go shopping or just lock themselves away. We are sleepwalking into a disaster.

3:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home