Finally the finished Heinkel He 111 after a long time on the work table. It is one of my favourite aircraft and I enjoyed the build but I could feel a lack of interest in the last week as I wanted to move on. It will do as there are a couple of things that I am dissatisfied with including one error but it is now on the shelf amongst the others. I have run out of shelf space because the cats decided they like the shelves too. I am looking at other means of display and some sort of clear plastic to go over the front of each shelf, to reduce the dust and stop the cats climbing in. Sherlock is now a large beast whilst Mindy and Watson leap, land and crash!
The next build is lined up and I have some aftermarket New Zealand decals to apply over the Caunter camouflage scheme for a tank during the North African campaign. Unfortunately there are no figures with the kit so I am looking for suitable figures as I would like to place this in a small diorama. Given the speed at which I currently build and feline interruptions plus other demands on my time this will be my Xmas / New Year project. I am really looking forward to this build and with Tier 3 lockdown and rubbish on the TV I can spend more time on this. One other distraction has been reading as I ploughed my way through several books over the last month.
Work has taken a turn for the worse as it is now non-stop with managers nitpicking minor issues, crises every day, staff leaving and I now have a sudden death which will go to an inquest. That I shall say no more about but my anger regarding a lack of resources and these stupid covid restrictions stopping any reasonable amount of human contact and support for people is growing. We are run ragged but keep receiving pressure to discharge people and we question 'To what?' Everything is shut down, people are fearful and rightly say they need support which is no longer there. In the meantime we are assessing more and being pressured to take more people on to our caseloads. I could write a lot more but the usual caveats of confidentiality apply even though I give no information away about the people I work with. My catchment area for home visits also currently includes two neighbouring counties so a lot of time out on the road. Hence very little blogging of late and I avoided saying anything because I am angry with the incompetent wankers in parliament and I am very tired. I think I have had two weeks of very early nights and I have needed them. But a weekend off and I can focus the new build and some good music.
TTFN.


2 Comments:
I wouldn't be able to do your work normally, I can't even imagine how bad it must be now. I hope it gets better for you, but I fear it may not for quite some time. Even if these new vaccines are good and effective it will still take at least several months before things even begin to resemble "normal."
Keep your chin up, delcatto, and thank you for what you do.
Thank you Scott. Lots of support from work colleagues this weekend and I 've asked that support is given to other colleagues involved. What worries me is how tired we all our, exhausted yet there are people who truly believe the media reports that we have done nothing over the past nine months.
Post a Comment
<< Home