Sunday, November 15, 2020


Finally,  the end is in sight for this build with some paint touch ups to complete, a wash and some weathering for a hard used aircraft at this particular juncture in the war. Supplying the remnants of the beleaguered sixth army in Stalingrad but nowhere near enough to ensure its survival. I have little spare time now I am back at work for modelling and ensuring I have the bench free from the various cats. I managed to work around Sherlock although a mishap with some microset liquid ensured we were both covered in it. I also had to repair some of the decals which had broken up with paint and I am pleased with the result.



I brush painted the plane and deliberately aimed for a washed out look as winter wash was exactly that, a white wash and the green paint would have been watered down before being applied. I am pleased with the result and once I have applied a light wash to bring it all together it should look better. I do have the next model lined up and waiting in the wings (Groan) and it is a flying boat. That should keep me busy over the next few weeks. No political stuff as there is a plethora of sites and opinions out there and I am heartily sick of it all. A plague on all politicians and work continues to be interesting. The covid stasi are checking our adherence to the rules with cold call spot checks on the wards and at each community base. It speaks volumes that home visits are the one place where normality and a sense of proportion and common sense continues. The lock down is still in place so back to books and history videos on line.

TTFN.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

I'm amazed at all the different paint jobs that were used. And at how well you recreate them. That latest one is fascinating!

8:06 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you BW.

It is an odd one because all white or shades of grey and white would make more sense.

1:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home