Thursday, March 24, 2016

It's been a quiet week with garden pottering. music and reading as it has finally sunk in I have again finished work. The four weeks honeymoon period of escaping work has finished and now comes the 'What do I do next?' period. What will help is that Spring has finally sprung albeit a cold one. Time spent in the garden attending to the various chores with frequent tea and book breaks is just wonderful. Particularly in light of the ongoing atrocities in the world and latterly in Belgium. The little Buglers like my company in the garden and keep me entertained as well as the pooch who has rediscovered her pink spiky ball, pestering us to throw it for her.


I had an evening out planned out in nearby Louth to say goodbye to an old friend who's moving back to Staffordshire to care for her parents but sadly her father took a turn for the worse and the evening was cancelled. She's right in her statement to appreciate what you've got and enjoy the time with your loved ones whilst they are still here. Hopefully her father will come round again and my thoughts are with them. I have a couple of friends at my old team who keep me informed about work shenanigans as well as try to tempt me back. It sounds frantic and extremely fractious with managers increasing the pressure to meet targets. *Breathes a sigh of relief.*
It's odd that Easter is upon us but I don't feel connected to the excitement of others anticipating the long weekend coming up. As I'm not working it doesn't feel special to me and my pace of life has slowed right down. For the weekend I popped along to Message in a Bottle to buy a few excellent bottles of beer in to help celebrate what is really a pagan festival co-opted by the followers of the Nazarene.


My plans will include the beers, an Easter family dinner, fingers crossed for the weather and garden, walking and possibly a day out to see the local Morris Dancers. Again, the latter will depend upon dry weather. Excuse me but Mrs C is demanding my attention...

Well, that was different as she wanted me to rescue a frog from the middle of the main road. I scooped him up and the poor thing was cold. Warmed up in my hands and duly deposited in a handy pond. I'm a sucker for wildlife and pleased to have rescued him from becoming roadkill.  I hope you all have plans for the Easter weekend and have an enjoyable and peaceful one.

TTFN.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Glad you're enjoying your time off, and glad the dog seems well. I haven't quite made it into our garden yet, but yours looks good. Still keeping the cats out?

I don't know a lot about beer, but that vanilla porter looks interesting..

11:07 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Hi Scoakat,
the cats are being kept out at long last although Sherlock is a persistent little bugler. I've just spent a lovely two hours out there this a.m. with the sun shining. The screaming kids two doors down have finally forced me in & on to the laptop. I am looking forward to trying that vanilla porter from an East Yorkshire brewery.

1:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home