Tuesday, July 08, 2008

First opportunity to blog for a while.
Work is a tad busy including call outs to minister to a variety of people in the early hours. In fact, I started work at 13.45 on Sunday and finished at 03.00 on Monday, only to go back into work for a further ten plus hours. I am still not sure if it really is Tuesday today because my body believes it is Thursday. However, I am now enjoying my first beer since the Friday Cleethorpes real ale pub crawl with Seany and Rich. We started at the Tap, then the train to the following pub with a pint of 'Olde Trip', formerly Hardy's and Hanson's Brewery, followed by something I have completely forgotten. Both excellent pints.












We then moved onto the world's smallest pub: Signal Box Inn. Sadly they had only the one beer on which was available in the Tap. A well kept pint and I shall certainly call there again. A beautiful sunny day and we made the most of it by calling into a variety of pubs including Willy's which I can always recommend. Back to the No.1 and train to Grimsby and the County Hotel. Again, an excellent pint of Summer Lightning ( ...and attractive barmaids!) but I had by now reached saturation point and I retired to bed early, lightweight that I am. Unfortunately, I also had to be up at 6 am for work which spoiled what was an excellent day out. One I hope to repeat the crawl again in the near future.
I'd like to report exciting adventures but sadly it has been all work and little play. I am thoroughly knackered so...
TTFN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home