Monday, June 16, 2008

I'd like to say the dental surgery was Dickensian but it was ultra modern with brusque but efficient staff. After the previous 24 hours the visit was quick and, courtesy of four injections, relatively painless.













The offending tooth was removed fairly quickly but lots of swelling and the amount of 'gunk' from the abcess was copious. Yuck! We'll move on and this morning my face feels less swollen but sore. I have to nip out for antibiotics because the infection is still there; no chemists open on a Sunday evening.

Enough of that. I have to prepare for a presentation at the job interview and I have written out the basics. I feel a bit like Lee from 'The Apprentice' and I am working out how to brush up my presentation skills. [memo] I must not swear.
It's only ten minutes but that makes it harder especially since I haven't worn a watch for the past two years and I need to time myself. Oddly enough I am looking forward to it and I will give it my best shot. Is there a dictionary for the latest buzz words and jargon to impress? The best advice I ever had is to keep it simple and avoid bullshit. I have certainly heard enough of that in the NHS and not just from managers. Academics certainly excell at the latter.
I'm off for a luke warm tea and, much as I would like a bacon roll with warm crusty bread, thin gruel it'll be until I can eat properly again.
TTFN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home