Monday, June 11, 2007

My brain has become a sponge, otherwise how else do I account for all the recent memory lapses. I get to Lincoln today only to realize that the groupwork is not on today but only after struggling to find a parking spot. I forget to book stuff at work, mostly over the past few weeks. Mrs C blames my studies and becoming 'otherworldly' as my mind is on my studies. No.1 blames my age....I am an old bugger! Just so long as I don't get squarepants as well.





"Bowk"








Pooch is poorly as evidenced by the smelly presents scattered liberally around the hall carpet this morning. I can't blame her as she did wake me at 2 am but I growled at her and told her to bugger off. She has, since then, thrown up half-digested grass in various places and has only half her usual energy.
Today I returned to the second part of my OU course and I am now over halfway towards the finish...Woot! and Woo! This part is all about research and evidence-based practice so I am girding my loins for the struggle ahead. From an optimistic perspective, I have a lot to learn and it will be useful (said through gritted teeth).I have decided to do a 30 credit OU course next year because I would like the money for a holiday; academia has it's uses but boy is it knackering; I don't see enough of my son, mates,a social life, sunshine; I really would like a holiday...a weeks camping in the Lakes or near Whitby would do me fine (folk festival and real ale nearby as well please).
A cuppa tea has my name on it...

TTFN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home