Sunday, May 20, 2007

On the seventh day...

I am going to moan and grumble because I had four days worth of study to catch up on today. But it is not that I am whinging about...it's the fact that work was extremely busy and I was too knackered to attend to the demands of the OU course during the week. But it isn't that I am griping about. I am pissed off because I have to do a full days work and then drag my sorry arse into the 'study'. A course I reluctantly enrolled on so as to extend my clinical practice/protect myself against the young 'clever' newly qualified nurses with 'real' qualifications/meet my post reg. requirements/look clever and bolster my promotion prospects. But to top it all I am paying for this torture and the NHS gets all the benefits. Yes I am aware of free will, free markets, free Nelson Mandella....I know I will benefit as an up to date practitioner raring to apply all I have learned. But it don't half hack me off when I read about marketing consultants with MBA's (Mostly Buggering Arses) who have yet to do a full days real fucking work making decisions that effect my work and the lives of the patients I work with whilst I have to jump through education hoops to ensure I continue doing the job I enjoy.So I spent four hours sweating over a hot keyboard and books on one of my few days off studying quality assurance and health policies...

On a lighter note the following:














I'm orf to listen to Folkwaves on listen again as I read Ian Rankin's 'Rebus' ('Knots and Crosses') for the umpteenth time. I might even have a beer...Tom Wood's I think will do the trick.
TTFN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home