Thursday, March 29, 2007

It's axing for it...




















A further day of rest....


Three hours studying.
An hour tree felling.
Shopping... ( axe included).
Buying a parking permit.
Dog walking and checking out potential accommodation for No.1 daughter.
Avoiding the council tax department...honest Officer Dibble, it wasn't me.
When I crashed in front of the box at 4 pm for a spot of infotainment (Did the druids really use persil for whiter whites?)....zzzzzzzzzzzz.



The tree stump is still there, stubborn bastard that it is. It's at such an odd angle and close to the wall so the axe and saw are used in a confined space. I should have gone to B&Q and bought a 'Leif the destroyer' super axe. The £4.99 Wilkinson's one is not quite up to the job and will not frighten any Saxons. Still, I'll go at it again tomorrow with renewed vigour...maybe I'll put the greenhouse a little to the right of the stump and opt for Seany's suggestion of pouring chemicals into it...TNT is made of chemicals.


No.1 daughter has the opportunity of moving from downtown Basra to a street nearby. I had better get more teabags in. She and her housemate have had a succession of neighbours from hell, yoofs using their skills at rearranging street furniture and recycling cars into blackened wrecks...."It's my right, innit?" But the parents of the little darlings seem wholly incapable of controlling the little shits and the courts prefer to blame the victims for having the temerity to want to live quiet, law abiding lives. So daughter is somewhat keen to get out as she is fed up waiting for this lot.

Pub quiz tonight after missing the last two weeks...sharpen up the brain cells and exercise the tastebuds.
TTFN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home