Musical interlude...

Gratuitous picture of John Peel...and why not.
No.1 son is home...for the next 18 hours and then he is away for his second camp. Guitar, PC, more music and an early 'Sunday lunch' from being picked up at 4 pm until he crashed out at 10 pm. Lots of laundry and a packed lunch for tomorrow, as well as scraping up the readies for his week ahead. The house will once again be very quiet tomorrow as he goes and I'll be off to work...no wonder the dog looks miserable.
I watched the Proms this evening...Shostakovich's 4th symphony; bloody hell, it was very good. First time I have heard it. I've heard some of his work before but not this particular work.I can go to 'Listen Again' to hear it and check out some of his other work.I tried to interest my son..."It's crap...boring".
Yesterday as I sat at the PC bemoaning my stuffy nose and lack of vitality, I found on BBC Radio 6 the interviews John Peel recorded with John Walters about his musical journey thro' life...excellent. Hence the above picture of a truly lovely bloke whose love of music, humour and warmth shone through in his broadcasts.
Ah well....Time for bed.
Boing!
1 Comments:
Loving the Peel. Imagining a soundtrack of Teenage Kicks.
Post a Comment
<< Home