Sunday, May 14, 2006

Techno...

No, not the '90's music we all loathe love but my efforts to attach a router to the modem and P.C. so I can link in my son's P.C. to the net. Several attempts later, no joy.Phone calls to a number of nice helpful Indian gentlemen and still no nearer completion.However,an engineer from ntl has e-mailed some advice and I will give it a go after work on Monday.I will not attempt it today because I want to arrive at work in a relatively good mood.As you might guess, I am not very technically minded.
Looking through the media over the past few days and their take on the 'Red Dust' that's settled over eastern England.They have identified Birch pollen as the culprit; late spring,wind currents,etc...It has played havoc with my hay fever and so many people I have met have also had their allergy exacerbated or developed symptoms.I use the usual medications and rely upon Hops in my beer to deal with hayfever."Does it work?" I hear you cry...I don't know but I do feel better for it.
















The usual panoply of experts and media bods cite this as evidence of global warming but I don't know.I should be concerned because Grimsby could end up being a sunken town one day.I could bury my head in the sand and ignore it all,but that sand could be under water.Kevin Costner's 'Waterworld' may well be our future...somehow I doubt it.
Technology again,it gives us wonderful things but the sting in the tail is the associated destruction as a result of our misuse of it.
TTFN...My lentils are boiling over,I'll get me sandals on and see to them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Seany said...

I've linked to this before but thought this might help until you get your router sorted.
I've given up on the techy stuff for today!

9:00 pm  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

Grimsby is far from a sunken town, it's just full of fallen women.

I was wondering what that yellow stuff was on my car x

9:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home