Housework...

A day off work and I spent this morning hard at work.Shopping,dog walking,hoovering,cooked brekkie for Mrs.Catto,washing up and clearing rubbish...all in 3 hours.
Last night I was out on some visits with a colleague and a large detour was called for because of an accident on the main road.A great drive at dusk identifying various old chuches,owls and other assorted wildlife.What surprised us was the number of owls we spotted and how silently they move.A beautiful sight in the sinking sun and deep shadows:mainly tawny and barn owls plus a huge amount of rabbits necessitating we drive slowly.That's my excuse for taking a leisurely return to the office.One small church which is worth a look in the future.The structure was well off the road and appeared quite simple in design,possibly an old family chapel?
This weekend there are several old Lincolnshire Wolds churches which are normally closed and are open to the public. The 'Rambler's Church' at Walesby is one example. I am working but I guess there'll be other opportunities.Now the good weather is here I can plan a few days out to explore some of these old churches,pubs and walks for the hound and myself.
TTFN.
4 Comments:
There's a barn owl that often hunts by the side of the orad as I drive home from work. He's lovely. I saw a long-eared the other week too.
I won't be taking up the church trail this weekend though, got me some pied flycatchers to spot.
You might want to check out St Botolphs at Skidbrooke for a unique church. Long since deserted, now sadly vandalised and with a fairly recent history of "alternative" worship going on, there is a decidedly uncomfortable atmosphere about the place; so much so that we didn't even get out of the car!
Check here for more info
road - oops
Seany - I know it well because we had cause to spend much time in the area.It is a spooky place especially on a late summer or autumnal evening...very atmospheric.I'll certainly visit again.
Cherry - You lucky thing,a long eared owl.It is wonderful to see them in flight...lots of kestrals about as well.
Post a Comment
<< Home