Monday, May 01, 2006

Vacance de Banque...

Hooray! Another bank holiday and I am off today. I leap out of bed, pull open the curtains and I am dazzled by the rain. Mayday has all sorts of connotations; a day for the workers,Beltane with it's maypoles,etc...But so soon after Easter and another bank holiday at the end of May.We should cancel the Whitsun bank holiday and move it to the end of June. We could call it national barbeque day and there may even be a chance of sunshine.Mind you, I've not seen any Morris dancers running around today...the day is not yet over.Confession time, I was very briefly a morris dancer back in the eighties.I practiced for a few months but discovered my fellow participants were all freemasons and had some extreme right-wing views which I disagreed with.
So a whole day to play with and I ended up shopping for my son (new hiking boots) and a quick browse around the shops with Mrs.Catto. Refreshment at the pub was required and a chat with some friends planning tonights visit to the pub.Dog walked and before I know it the day has gone.Time speeds up the older one gets...Einstein must have a theory about it.
I'm off to enjoy what's left of today.
TTFN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home