I finally completed the FW 190 A-8 in a colour scheme circa May 1945 in Norway. I have to take the shine off it by applying a matt coat but I will attend to that after repairing some builds the smallest cat decided to remove so she could sit comfortably on a top shelf.
Both FW 190's completed as well as the Heinkel He 177 and they are likely to be the first builds on the new shelf unit.
I spent yesterday out and about visiting a friend and I was astonished at how bad the roads are with road works, terrible drivers with little patience and some downright dangerous driving. The clown in the camper van who tailgated me and then decided to overtake a long line of traffic waiting at temporary traffic lights and nearly causing a major accident is hopefully suffering from painful, itchy piles. I have no time for traffic morons. Some of the temporary lights are for the ever expanding new build estates on greenfield sites, formerly agricultural land. With names like "High Woods" and "May Meadows" which they removed to tarmac over and build little brick boxes on possibly shows some ironic humour. It's just so unnecessary as there are still plenty of brownfield sites which with some consideration for incorporating parklands and trees could be used but I guess there is little profit in that for developers.
TTFN.



3 Comments:
All those people supporting us rehoming/resettling the channel boat people and Ukranians need to realise that for every person crossing/arriving, a new home is required, for which yet another green field needs to be built on.
We don't have a housing crisis, we have an immigration crisis and a population explosion crisis. Why do the media not report this?
Slow down on the modelling! Perhaps doo it left handed?! Or else I foresee a local newspaper headline soon, "Recently retired nurse rents third storage unit to house his model planes!"
I hate driving almost anywhere, anymore. Everyone is just trying to beat everyone else, everywhere. Stoplights seem to be suggestions, as are the speed limits. Courtesy? Not found or rare at best. And same here, Summer = road construction.
Weather-wise we've been cool, then very hot, now cool again but more temps close to 100ºF coming this weekend. Still no rain in the forecast, so at least that's been consistent.
Absolutely BW. We are no longer governed, they are merely managers and incompetent ones as well. There is no clear, honest thinking anymore, just touchy feely responses to everything. Utter shambles. Jump through hoops toga access for skilled much needed workers but allow anybody including ISIS to sail over on a dinghy and enrich the people traffickers. It will al end in tears.
Lol, yes...I have stopped buying any models and after the cat tastrophe! yesterday involving the repair of some old builds, I might have to dispose of some of them.
Same here Scott although I am occasionally surprised by good manners on the road from some motorists. Guess what? Yes, it is raining again, absolutely tipping it down and a high today of 18° C.
Post a Comment
<< Home