Tuesday, January 04, 2022

 Well, that's a bit of a bugger!

Sue has all the symptoms of covid (omicron variant) and she is very unwell despite (or because) of her two jabs. I have emailed / phoned work to inform them as I am full of cold but despite negative LFT 's we have to apply for PCR testing which I have now done. I am not allowed to return to work until those have been completed and we have the test results back. What I still find odd is that the government website offered the options of home kits being posted to us or we could drive to a walk on site... thirty miles away in Hull! Lovely, why not spread the joy amongst all those we meet with a sixty odd mile round trip! Better safe than sorry so we are currently confined to home. Yes, I shall be modelling later as this unexpected opportunity has arisen and needs to be used in a positive way.


I have these two to finish off and the Churchill will be going into a small diorama. I had planned to go to the vet this week with Maisie and Mindy and to the council recycling base but we are now stuck indoors. For the first time ever we might have to order a supermarket delivery and trust me to be doing a dry January as by the end of this week I could probably do with a drink!

Interestingly, as per usual I have a right sided earache, weepy right eye and pain behind my right eye and headache. Every cold or respiratory bug it is the right side of my head that is worse. I wonder why that is? I do tend to sleep on my right side so perhaps that might be one reason?

Paracetamol, coffee and toast required and lets see if I can avoid falling asleep at the modelling table.

Ironically, I did not expect to be one of those who are unable to attend work today ( I think it's half the team now) but my boss has told me to follow the rules and I will do so to keep everyone safe.

TTFN.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Oh good grief. Hope Sue is feeling better soon, and that you don't get anything worse than you alredy have.

Knowing someone who died after getting covid while at a vaccination centre, I totally share your disbelief about walk-through testing centres. And, as someone we know did after attending one, "Just a bit of shopping on the way home as I could soon be confined to the house for 10 days."

Enjoy your unexpected time off!

9:10 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

Oh my, please be well soon, both of you. This variant is everywhere, we're homebodies again unless absolutely necessary, not like we were going out a lot anyway.

Maybe your right sinus is more susceptible? Perhaps a bad sinus infection on that side in the past?

9:53 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you folks.
Currently working from home and telephone contacts only. We are being asked to move to a seven day week as the acute wards and crisis teams are pretty much wiped out by all of this, most of it positive testing amongst staff who are all up to date with vax.

PCR tests just arrived so we send those off later today as has our shopping. Sue is very unwell, worryingly so. I’m just full of cold.
Yes Scott, lots of past problems with sinuses especially the right one but it hasn’t been an issue recently. I had forgotten that.

11:14 am  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Ah, I saw the one that got away! Very interesting article too explaining where the colds and flu have been recently.

Never forget Big Pharma's profits I say, and the face that would be lost by many 'governments' if they had to admit the mind-blowing amounts of money they have needlessly wasted. Or maybe needlefully wasted is a better choice of phrase...

9:40 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

I'm not sure what happened there but I will put it up again as it disappeared and I have finished work for today.
No conspiracy, I amended something and pressed the wrong button and Pouf! Gone.

Yes, a very interesting article.

5:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home