Friday, December 24, 2021

 Christmas Eve and it is grey, overcast and wet here and I am mightily glad to stay indoors and no further need for shopping. It is just the two days and seeing people buy enough to feed and sate the thirsts of a Mongol horde crammed into trolleys never fails to amaze me. An expected delivery just arrived and I am indeed a very happy bunny...


Yes, the 1/16th scale Sturmgeschutz has arrived and it is a big kit. A scale I have never tried before and despite the scale it does look like a straight forward build. Maisie showed an interest and tried to clamber all over it.


This will be a major build and I will consider when I can crack on with this. I have some time off in February and can plan the major part of assembly for then if I can hang on until then. Another delivery from yesterday is another Me 262 from Frog this time and judging by the contents this kit is over forty years old. I have plans for a diorama with these three kits as well as a comparison of the various kits. 


In other news it has been confirmed I have until February 3rd to accept the fauxcine so I have some serious thinking to do. I am invited to meet with various managers to hear the 'real facts' about it all and to dispel any concerns I might have. I hate having to even consider this, that the job I love and enjoy necessitates this acceptance. Pros are that I will be 'protected', I can continue working and earning, I can travel, go to social activities, receive a collective pat on my head, no longer be a pariah. Cons are serious health side effects including death. I don't blame the managers as they are powerless in this although if they all refused to comply, what could the government do? I am saying nothing further about this subject as there is more than enough nonsense in social and mainstream media and to be frank, I am focusing on the better things in life.

We are ready for tomorrow and it will be a quiet family only Christmas at home and phone calls to the extended family. So I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a peaceful and safe one. Spend with your loved ones if you can and enjoy!

TTFN.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Feb 3rd? Ah, OK, I've just looked it up: https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/wp-content/uploads/sites/52/2021/12/C1470-vcod-for-healthcare-workers-planning-and-preparation-guidance.pdf

Apparently all workers in healthcare (even private healthcare and admin staff) have to have had 2 doses before 31st March. Not even 2 months apart... so, are they now saying that less than 2 months is appropriate? Talk about changing the rules to suit their purposes!!!

The Regs only currently say '2 doses' and not boosters. Interesting.

Page 22 talks about 'redeployment'... no mention of sacking... It will be very interesting to see what happens... will everyone cave, or will there be enough of a backlash to create a severe shortage of nurses and doctors?

Enjoy your festivities and modelling!

2:49 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

I think our day looked much like yours, but we had fog all day, too.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Declan! I hope you all have a safe and pleasant day.

10:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home