Tuesday, July 27, 2021

 I have enjoyed a few days off and back to work tomorrow with a plethora of visits lined up and assessments on Thursday. It will be a busy two days but manageable after five days off. I had a visit from the plumber and he will be fitting the new sink unit on Friday and I managed to buy and cut a new sink top for it. Fingers crossed it will be a straightforward job. After that I can finally get the damp course done and we will have a few months of clearing out rubbish, redecorating, new carpets and at least the downstairs rooms will be sorted by next spring. Sue has me booked to sort out her state pension application this afternoon as she has received an email reminder for this. Talking of winter projects I bit the bullet and bought a kit that was discounted by 20% as my major winter project. I have been after a 1/35th scale Panzer III for the last couple of years but considered them too expensive but then I took another perspective. Buy a more expensive kit that will take longer to build and gain more enjoyment from it. Here it is...


A full interior kit which is a new departure for me and reflects my improved skills but also my desire to continue to improve my skills, especially at painting. Prior to its arrival this morning I managed to knock one completed build from the shelf unit...yes, the DH2 once again hit the ground for possibly the fourth time! I will make a crash scene diorama from it as I have another 1/48th scale DH2 in my stash and I can incorporate both on a WW1 airfield in France.


To enhance the planned future diorama I can now add grass to make it more realistic as...


Yes, I used my grass applicator and the Spitfire diorama is now completed although I do plan to add a little information plaque to it. You asked how this works BW and the following pictures will answer your query.


The applicator itself which is battery powered with the base glue and some static grass.


I added some summer grass and some nondescript faded grass...


The grass goes in there and you switch on, place the crocodile clipped wire near the base, it doesn't have to touch it and shake it. Very quick to apply, a quick spray of layering applicator and another application of grass.


I am delighted with the result and can use it for any dioramas I plan for the future. I will look at foliage, rocks, buildings, etc...next and buildings can be planned to scale and made from any available material. Lots of videos out there and there are modellers who do some fantastic work in this sphere. Talking of grass and I should really cut the garden grass but as it is my last day off I plan instead a very lazy day. We have been promised showers and they are much needed.

TTFN.

5 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

The Panzer looks very detailed, indeed!

Do you put the base glue on the surface then sprinkle the grass over it? And it gives it a static charge so it stands up and looks more like grass? That's how I picture it, anyway.

9:45 pm  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Very clever grass machine. Bit of glysophate on your lawn outside, then 6 weeks later use the magic grass machine outside. Sorted!

Thanks for the pics, I've always wondered how it's done.

Finished scene looks great.

Hope your return to work is going OK. I do find it worrying that you can only do the amount lined up because you have had 5 consecutive days off. That's too much pressure to be healthy. I always found that I could manage to do the visits, but not keep up with the paperwork. Perhaps you have a better system for doing it as you go along?

7:06 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you folks.

Scott, that's it exactly. I touched it with a finger to check it worked and yes...it certainly did.

That's my problem BW, I can do the visits but time for paperwork is very limited. Things have now got worse with the new starter pulling out, an experienced nurse finishes next week and one off long term sick, We will have to cover three extra caseloads plus another recent serious incident and we are now reporting any and every problem, documenting the lack of resources and how unsafe things are. My notes are now brief bullet points with risk and any concerns documented first. Not very good but seeing as we are being inundated it will suffice.

2:44 pm  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

That sounds truly dreadful delcatto. I am amazed that no-one in Power questions the turnover of staff and pressure caused by unfilled roles, and then does something about it to help. Unlike many nursing roles, I would imagine that it would be very hard for agency staff to pick up any of your workload.

Do you love the work so much that it makes this sort of ongoing pressure and bad management worthwhile? I can't help but think there must be easier roles around. Maybe you love the challenge? There's got to be something that keeps you putting up with this month after month?

11:42 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

To be honest I'm not entirely sure why I keep going BW but I am thinking of retirement completely from nursing in the next few years. I will have to work for at least a further year and with three days off a week that is helping. I might blog about this.

1:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home