It is hot with yesterday hitting 28˚C but today slightly cooler at 24˚C but joy of joys coinciding with my three days off! I was sensible yesterday and ensured that I did not fall asleep in the sun although sitting out at times with tea and a good book surrounded by cats was delightful. Yesterday evening discovering the house was full of smoke because the neighbour decided to burn old wood was not so delightful! In between watering the garden plants, doing some shopping very early so as to miss the heat of the day and chasing up the plumber I got some modelling in.
Camouflage painted on and clear coated for the decals but there is also some very subtle rain streaking there and I will add some more. I am thoroughly enjoying the extra day off and making the most of the sunshine to top up my vitamin D hence an occasional half hour on the build. I will make a smaller diorama than planned for this and practice making some road signs for it.
The cats are wilting in the heat and the little buggers would not come in last night as they enjoyed the slightly cooler night. Trying to get Mindy in at midnight had an added bonus as I spotted two satellites overhead, one very bright in the reflected sunlight and both heading in a south-westerly trajectory. I spent half an hour looking at satellite apps this morning trying to identify them but without success. One bonus of allowing the Willow tree to grow as it blocks out the light pollution and affords me an unrestricted view of the night sky.
Time for breakfast and more importantly, coffee! I don't sleep much when it is hot weather and I seem to do ok on five hours sleep but I expect to get some early nights when I return to work from Monday. We now have three staff leaving the team including the two CBT psychotherapists...we now have no psychology staff which beggars belief, increasing waiting lists of referrals and people for allocation and senior managers focused on auditing everything. Work getting more 'interesting'...
Stay well folks.
TTFN.

5 Comments:
In case you aren't signed up for the NASA emails: the ISS has been going over the past few nights. I saw it just after 11.30pm last night. Tonight it is visible twice:
Sun Jul 18 10:47 PM, Visible: 6 min, Max Height: 42°, Appears: 10° above WSW, Disappears: 10° above E
and
Mon Jul 19 12:23 AM, Visible: 6 min, Max Height: 43°, Appears: 10° above W, Disappears: 15° above ESE
Shouldn't be too different where you are.
You remind me of why I'm not missing neighbours: and it seems that chasing tradespeople is a universal too.
Why aren't your managers looking at why so many people are constantly leaving your team? That's the question they should be addressing, surely?!
What's the current state of play with the compulsory covid vaccination idea? That will see the end of some more. I read somewhere (reliable) the other day that 1 in 10 NHS staff had refused vaccination. That in itself should make people think...
Thanks for that BW.I usually look for the ISS autumn onwards but I might take a shufti tonight before I go to bed.
I'm not sure what's going on but 75% of the psychology staff have left over the past year!
We haven't heard anything about compulsory vaccines yet but Monday we are being told to keep our masks on and socially distance in the building, an area where patients don't come in and 90% of the staff have been double vaccinated.
It's about 28ºC here now, but a slight breeze helps so windows are open. By next weekend it'll get much warmer so we'll be holed up in the A/C!
How did the smoke get in your house, where did they burn it?
There are apps that track all those things flying above us. After seeing the starlink satellites so well initially, I've not been able to see then now for some time.
I do consider what you say about work, I'm often just left speechless. Good luck to you.
The wood was burnt in the garden and the breeze funnelled it down the alleyway through our open back door. We leave it open for the cats but a future plan is for a back door with a cat flap for the little monsters.
One of our doctors is about to jump ship as well...this ain't looking good.
Post a Comment
<< Home