Saturday, July 10, 2021

First week on my reduced hours and I needed it. I hadn't considered the changeover from full to part-time and this week I also had a duty day for the team and a training day. That left me with two days to squeeze in visits and Thursday I crammed in seven home visits and travelled 106 miles to cover them. This included covering a visit for a colleague who is currently unable to drive. All in all a crazy day and a reminder that I shan't do that again, hence a Saturday spent in the garden as it was sunny and then some modelling.


The latest build, a Morane-Saulnier MS.406 completed in French colours with Polish colours for the pilot circa April 1940. I have also made progress on the Spitfire Mk.XVI diorama but I am now waiting for the micro static grass applicator to make the grassy field.

It is currently hidden in the gloom of a shelf amongst other completed builds.

Then straight away into a new build and a return to 1/35th scale armour and again another planned diorama and I might finally incorporate the completed schwimmwagen that is currently stored away from accidents and prying felines.

Progress so far and Tamiya kits are well known for a great fit, simplicity of instructions and value for money. I shall have to buy some new bases from the local arts and crafts shop as I only have two left. I use artists canvas for this and generally small dioramas but I now want to up my game for this. 

Meanwhile in the real world the media are excitedly promoting health passports / certificates for the vaccinated and expulsion of us heretics from the good and obedient folks of society. I am not sure if it is to protect the good folk from being infected with a virus with a 98% + recovery rate which the vaccines don't protect them from or prevent them from transmitting it or, from our heretical questioning of the promoted government / pharma / media narrative.  All an excellent distraction from the eventual financial crash and an excellent fall guy to prevent the pitchfork and fire response to politicians and bankers from angry people. They could call the next variant the Nero Variant as the fiddling goes on as society implodes. I sincerely hope my black humour is just that and none of this happens...Part of my health questionnaire for the Breakaway Training aside from the usual health and safety questions about ones fitness to complete the session was 'Have you had the Covid vaccine and when and where did you have it?' Bizarre really as eighteen people, mainly strangers, had to make close and often personal hands on contact to use the various breakaway techniques which we generally do on an annual basis. Yet the vaccines only "Reduce the severity of symptoms of having covid", they do not prevent you from catching it or infecting others! I wrote "This is not pertinent to ability to complete the current training".

For my part, I believe it is personal choice to have the vaccine and for the record I am not an 'anti-vaxxer' as I have had many vaccinations over the years and I support the excellent science that supports the use of vaccines but...not this one. Having had covid and endured it for two months I believe I have acquired immunity and I will rely upon that. Health is important and for a virus that, like the Flu can potentially kill the elderly or those with compromised immunity but for most people will be unpleasant and uncomfortable for a short while before they recover and then have an immunity against that variant, why the intensive fear driven campaign to vaccinate? 

Question the narrative, explore and examine the evidence both for and against and make your own mind up. Take the vaccine if that is what you want but don't be part of the pitchfork brigade that is being directed against us supposed heretics by the media with government connivance. A pharmacological Spanish Inquisition, who knew humanity would prove they haven't changed in millennia in the twenty first century despite the trappings of 'civilisation'. My years of breakaway training plus previous control and restraint training might come in useful after all to protect me from assault...


To lighten the mood here is a picture of my work supervisor Sherlock hurrying to add a paw or two to my work in progress. He is a very helpful cat in his own way...

TTFN.


5 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Great answer to the inappropriate question!

I honestly cannot understand how 'the populance' have swallowed the vaccine lies.

I guess it shows what depserate people/people who have been made to feel desperate by political manipulation and mismanagement over the past 16 months (at least) can be driven to believe. Clutching at straws...

Had you not had covid, would you still feel the same way?

8:11 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

That's a good question BW.

I honestly don't know what I would have done. I have had all other vaccines up to now with my Hep B booster being the last one but I know the Science behind that and the very definite risks of not having it. A virus with a 98+% chance of survival still looks good to me.

8:27 am  
Blogger Scoakat said...

Sounds like a very long day, that day! One less day, but did you work the same amount of hours this week?

Glad you're still modeling. I look forward to seeing how you do the grass and other detail for dioramas.

Do you spell battery with only one 't' over there, or is that a typo in the ad? Copy editors are a thing of the past, it seems. I see the signs everywhere.

6:18 pm  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Do you have a branch of The Works near you? They sell incredibly good value artists' canvasses in lots of different sizes (in case you haven't found them).

I've always wondered how railway modellers put their grass on, so looking forward to seeing that bit!

7:40 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

It should be two 't''s Scott. I picked out a picture from a company on-line and I guess it is from China.

Yes, first week as p/t and crammed too much in!

I think it is 'The Works' I buy them from BW, plus oils and brushes.

The thingamajig hasn't arrived yet, three days late now!

5:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home