Friday, July 23, 2021

 It's been a hectic week and thankfully I now have five days off. I spent this morning with the plumber and he is now booked in for next Friday. I have bought a work top for the sink and had it cut to size but I have to cut the interior out. Sue has suggested I ask our neighbour if he has a router and is able to help after she dragged me away from the tools section. She has no faith in my DIY skills and sadly I have to agree with her although I was willing to give it a go. With the covid restrictions almost removed we can happily have workmen in the house. We have to wear masks at work and socially distance still but have been requested to remove track and trace. I suggested we should keep all the restrictions or none of them, that if they are stating the science states we wear masks, etc...then it should not be a pick and mix approach. Hence I don't wear a mask at work because although I know for a fact covid does exist, when managers have crammed several staff for a meeting into one small air conditioned room and want track and trace removed I question this nonsense! I wear a mask when I meet a patient and I ask if they want me to keep the mask on. So far all of them have either asked me to remove it or agreed I should remove it but I will happily wear it to accommodate their concerns.  The management  haven't challenged me or kicked me out...yet. Ho hum...the world turns and seasons change.


Inevitably, where there is scaffolding up within an hour of the workmen leaving the cats were on it.


I hasten to add not our scaffolding but cats believe they own the neighbourhood, not just the house they reside in. 

My plans for this extended time off is to get some gentle walking in as my right knee is causing me a great deal of trouble, more modelling as the half track is 95% completed and reading. The garden needs attention and I have booked the car in on Monday to have the air con fixed. I really needed that this past week but this was the earliest I could book it in. Fingers crossed we will still have the good weather to necessitate the air con. 

TTFN.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

I have a router from a friend's dad when they put him in assisted living that I've never used. I wonder how much it would be to post? ;)

Good to get on with it, though. And yes, the scaffolding had me concerned at first!

10:23 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Cheers Scott!

I think I might head over to the DIY store but having spent half the night dealing withe cats I might just go back to bed as I am exhausted. Trying to get them in and then woken at 4 this morning by Maisie howling the house down wanting to get out!

8:04 am  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

I now know of 4 hospitals that have instructed all their staff to remove the app.

What I don't understandd is why anyone would want it at all - 1% of people were pinged last week, apparently.

Enjoy your 5 days of freedom!

9:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home