Friday, August 09, 2019

The news is in after we attended the clinic yesterday.
I'm afraid Sue has cancer and will require treatment. On a positive note, it will entail surgery but possibly not chemo and not a mastectomy. We are still awaiting a further biopsy result but there is a shortage of pathologists so we have to wait until next week. We were shocked to receive the news yesterday but today after many tears shed and talking things through between ourselves and with the lovely MacMillan nurse we are more positive today.
It definitely puts things into perspective and makes one think about the important things in life.
I will update as time goes on and no, you have not escaped the model madness...


Works in progress and the stripey aircraft is for a group build on farce book.
I'm away for a cold beer and darts on the telly box.

TTFN.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

So sorry to hear, but glad to hear the prognosis sounds better than worse. All the best from me and Mrs S!

1:13 am  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Sending all good wishes for speedy and effective treatment, and hope you are both able to keep up the positive thinking. PMA is a huge huge part of a good outcome (and I know you know that!).

Now, just wait for everyone you tell to trot out their own tales of the subject... so many people say that is the worst part of the whole thing.

I read somewhere of a really good phrase to stop these tales in their tracks, but I can't recall it right now, sorry... perhaps give it some thought so you know how you will deal with these unwanted/unhelpful situations in advance?

Thinking of you.

8:41 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you folks.
We have had several chats and Sue has expressed surprise that she is relatively calm about it all although she thinks she might have a melt down at some stage. We are trying to keep a PMA and are educating ourselves as to treatments, etc...

Trolled already by my own mother with her various tales but receiving a link to vegan dietary cures for cancer was unexpected. A robust Anglo-Saxon response from Sue and we have ignored the link to the various videos.

4:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home