Sunday, July 07, 2019


Progress so far on the build of the Heinkel He 70 with a coating of grey primer from a rattle can. I am a bit concerned as it did not spray evenly and has pooled in a couple of places. My fault entirely as I didn't consider warm weather and heat expansion in the can. I must also remember to wear gloves as my left hand has paint across it!


There are also some fit issues and I have used sprue shavings plus sprue goo to melt into the gap which I will sand later. The primer shows up areas requiring more filler and sanding. All in all a fun kit to build and I am looking forward to the painting next weekend. 

Last night I looked out for our four cats who were undoubtedly roaming around the neighbourhood. Calling them in and our fifth (part time) cat Fluffy arrived with a ginger cat in tow! No sign of our little buglers. I eventually got the two girls in but the boys are making the most of the milder weather and staying out. Fluffy visits most days now for meals, can generally be found sleeping in the garden or in the house when he sneaks in. Despite eating well when he visits us he is still underweight and somewhat untidy. We now put Frontline anti flea stuff on him and I am considering worming him as well because he still looks neglected. There was an issue with his mouth a few weeks back and we considered bringing him to the vet for a check up but that appears to have resolved now. He does tend to follow me around as do our own cats.

Otherwise the latest news is that Mrs C. will be out of work come September as the shop she cleans is being closed down as are many of the shops in the chain. Given her age and the availability of work she is likely to call it a day. She is one of the Women whom recent governments decided should continue working until they drop whilst MP's of all hues have further gold plated their own pensions over the last decade. I have suggested that as I have been promoted and had a pay increase I will just set up a monthly transfer so she doesn't lose out. She is due to receive her state pension in two years time, six years after she would have retired under the old scheme. Mine is still eight years away and looking at the current situation the pension age might well be raised again and I could be looking at another couple of years added to that! Best I save once the mortgage is paid off and invest the money in this and improving my garden for fruit and vegetables plus home brew! Perhaps also making our own clothing and start cycling again for when it all goes tits up! 

TTFN.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Totally agree re the pension thing.

That said, I'm fairly sure that we are now 'safe' at our currently given pension ages. There is a .gov.uk page somewhere that gives some guidance on this.

That said, we are working on the premise that there will never be a state pension and planning accordingly.

I am sorry to hear of Mrs C's job situation. I do hope that she will claim everything she is entitled to, after years of paying in.

If you need any pointers/info/advice on 'redundancy' drop me an email as I have become a bit of an expert on the subject, having now helped 4 people in recent years. When one is only offered the minimum (as many are these days) there are ways of asking difficult/challenging questions that can get one the best possible deal - and often more things included (eg paid-for re-training - which can often be commuted to more on the lump sum). Good luck!

6:57 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

Good luck with the cats. I've never had an outdoor cat so never had those kind of worries. We used to try taking them outside when they were kittens but it never worked out well, and now I'm glad they stay indoors.

Sorry to hear about Mrs C's job. Things work differently than here, but I agree with BW, get all you can manage.

And hopefully any survivalist/doomsday scenario will be after your time!

12:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home