Saturday, June 01, 2019



Up early despite a few beers last night and watching baseball, the Minnesota Twins v Tampa Bay Rays (score 3 - 14) until quite late. Shopping completed, some gardening done and then modelling as some rain made an appearance. I planted a Fuchsia in a large tub so that I will know not to remove it when I enthusiastically tidy up in the autumn! The raised bed again weeded and ready for what, I'm not sure? I am considering sprouts or winter cabbage as a try out so we have fresh green veg for later this year. 
The modelling saw more work on the Walrus with some scratch building parts from the spares box. I enjoy taking a basic model and building additional parts in an attempt to upgrade the kit. The blob in the middle of the white disc (an old spare tank wheel from another kit and just the correct size!) is 'sprue goo' where old sprue plastic is added to spare glue and used as a filler for gaps. The two tie points I trimmed down from sprue and glued the cotton thread in to place.


The rigging is cotton thread and white glue used to attach it. The glue dries clear and can then be set with extra glue or the clear coats. So it is gradually taking shape and hopefully completed over the next week. I will add decals, add a clear coat, washes and weathering although I would like a wet look to it as an example of working in the North Sea or Atlantic Ocean. I will have to look up the techniques for that as this is my practice mule for when I eventually build the better Airfix kit at a later date. That I would like to set in a sea diorama but we'll see...


Otherwise tonight I will settle in with a few beers as we watch the match and cheer on the mighty Spurs playing against Liverpool in the Champions League final. I've been having some banter with Liverpool fans at work but we are all agreed this match could go either way. 
I'm away to find the source of the smell of death in our back garden as I suspect I will find some poor dead bird that the cats have savaged, either one of our four or the several others that regard our garden as their domain!

TTFN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home