Saturday, July 02, 2016


I am having a quiet day after the shenanigans of the past week. I have just checked the garden and tidied up some rubbish but the weather is overcast and cold. Where has the summer gone? Apart from the occasional hot and sunny day it has been wet, cold and grey. The peas are thriving and they taste wonderfully sweet. The tomato plants are flowering and hopefully there will be some sort of a crop. The roses do look good but little in the way of scent. But overall, not a good year so far for the garden. I shall have to set aside some time for a trip to the council recycling tip as there is a lot of rubbish in the garden, plastics and wood mainly although the latter I burn off when autumn comes round. It feels positively autumnal today!
Work wise, I have agreed to three days per week to review, transfer and close cases. I have acquired a 'fire fighter' role as well in that a crisis develops and I am sent out to assess and review service response. I quite enjoy it as I don't have a caseload and it is close to the work I used to do in crisis teams. What is shocking is that accessing any other resources is difficult. It is a time of change and later this year with the old guard gone it might well improve... For me, work until the end of the year and another break over the new year for a few weeks although the thought occurs. Build up a pot of savings and take next spring / summer off for travelling. I promise every year to travel and don't do it. No excuses this time as I have time to prepare for it and Hadrian's Wall is calling me!
Back to the motley as shopping required and it won't do it itself.
TTFN.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Hope your weather brightens soon. We haven't had a lot of time for our garden this year, critters are a big problem.

11:18 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

I know you've mentioned moles but what other critters? We get caterpillars, snails & various flies which eat our crops but nothing really big.

10:03 am  
Blogger Scoakat said...

Not 100% sure, hell, not even 50% sure anymore. I may have to get a live trap to find out. Moles, voles, rats, ground squirrels? Some kind of tunneling small mammal. Trying to drive whatever-it-is away isn't going well so far.

11:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home