Monday, December 23, 2013

Twenty third day of Advent....


Having watched two versions of The Christmas Carol over the weekend I thought the above would be appropriate. I tend to send Christmas cards to my nearest and dearest only and some older neighbours who do not access the internet, preferring instead to donate to charity. The Sally Army, N E Lincs Animal Rescue and other local charities are the recipients as I refuse to donate to larger organised businesses "charities" which pay large salaries to CEO's, receive a large percentage of their funds from our taxes and lecture to the public. On top of that I was waylaid at the supermercado by the Rotarians, the Scouts and CAD over the last two days so no more donations from me over this Christmas. It is currently blowing a gale out there so with the shopping done first thing this morning I have my feet up and tea brewed. Fingers crossed I haven't forgotten anything...
TTFN.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

I was horrified to hear the attitude of the RSPCA boss when interviewed on R4 yesterday. Apparently they've been criticise for using funds for campaigning (eg against the badger cull) rather than protecting.

Like you (and for much the same reasons) we don't give to big charities, and only ever give by Gift Aid, but it will make me think twice about even buying from their charity shops.

8:30 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

I have concerns about the bullying attitude of the RSPCA and I haven't donated to them for umpteen years. Local animal charities get my money a do those charities that focus upon their raison d'etre. I do so dislike lecturing puritans.

11:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home