Monday, February 16, 2009

Sadly I did no walking yesterday despite my intention to do so. Someone snuck in and kicked me in the soft dangly bits whilst I was sleeping and left me in pain with added nausea goodness. I am having to hobble about like yer man below...


















Rest, painkillers and cups of tea are the order of the day. I also need to work on my portfolio but concentration is sadly lacking. I'd say 'Bollocks!' but that's the problem.
Have you seen what's on daytime TV? Haven't pensioners and the unemployed suffered enough without inflicting these third rate numpties upon them.

On the blogging front I have removed several blogs from my favourites. I like reading political blogs and although my politics tends to be slightly left of centre (think pink tinge with matching accessories), some of the funniest blogs are the right leaning commentators. However, the lunatic right wing appears to have escaped from maximum security and infected many, leading to foaming at the mouth, biting ankles and howling at the moon. They also are quite depressingly unimaginative and serve up boring drivel. Their usual line is it's the fault of immigrants/Scottish politicos/ the EU/ unrealistic CSI plots/ the state/ brown people/ the BBC/ ad nauseum...Sadly, many left leaning blogs are so precious and humourless in their desire to prove their anti-everythingist credentials that they have moved beyond parody. I'll continue to read the Grauniad Cif and one or two sensible political blogs (i.e. in touch with the real world) but it's back to the funnies for me.
TTFN.

3 Comments:

Blogger Seany said...

*sigh of relief that he made the cut*

Tonight I've just discovered David Mitchell's Guardian column on line - highly recommended at http://www.guardian.co.uk/profile/davidmitchell

Word verification: flussili
Think I'll have mine with tomato, basil & oregano

7:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Their usual line is it's the fault of immigrants/Scottish politicos/ the EU/ unrealistic CSI plots/ the state/ brown people/ the BBC/ ad nauseum"

I suppose it's because I don't watch CSI (although Mr BW does, usually when I'm asleep) that I survived ;)


Hope you're feeling better soon.

2:29 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you for your comments.
Back at work and keeping busy.

9:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home