Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Portfolio completed after minor but important rewrite and posted orf to the university. Thankfully done and dusted because towards the end it had become a chore. I posted it via recorded delivery...how much mail does the post office lose a year?

















Waiting with my ticket in the PO and surreptitiously watching the other customers...it must be giro day. I played spot the alky / druggie / sponger but sadly there were also people who looked like genuine hard luck cases. It's some of the elderly whom I feel sorry for, having to drag themselves up to the main PO because this shower of clowns and criminals closed down the local branches. The local branches may have lost money but I always believed there was a social contract between the public who voted and the government? Shows how wrong I can be. What price the social fabric in 21st century Britain?

Having put up a picture of the delightful Julia Sawalha as Dorcas here is another picture of two of my favourite characters. The understated acting which is a delight to watch and knocks spots off many of the Hollywooden actors.

















Yes, I am a fan and I know it is a sanitised version of a bygone age that never really was. It beats 90% of the televisual shite that is broadcast. With the above and Time Team I prefer to be plonked in front of the box on a Sunday with a glass of excellent ale and be transported away from the everyday world. Almost as enjoyable as a good book and yes, I'll be looking out for the books by Flora Thompson upon which the series is based.
If they need a new character here is my suggestion for the local grave digger...


















TTFN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home