Saturday, May 20, 2006

Time for Play...













Wahey!
Seven days of toil and finally a weekend off.On call last night so no alcohol and I was up with the lark this morning to walk the mutley.Pouring down with rain so plenty of puddles for her to splash thro' and ducks to chase. Slower than the pigeons but luckily she can't catch them.I keep her well away from the wildlife but she has an inbuilt radar for wildfowl; a combination of spaniel and labrador.
Talking of dogs,I recently read an article about a woman who claims her Labrador was possessed and required an exorcism to rid it of the spirit of an eighteenth century highway man...and his horse! I try to maintain an open but sceptical mind but...his horse!!I wonder how much the woman was charged for this service. I do have an interest in the paranormal, notwithstanding the ham acting of Acorah and some others.It annoys me that someone can have a gift but to please the crowd, increase audience figures, etc...hams it up or fakes it.Just be honest.."Yes, I'm in touch with the spirit world but I haven't had a message for the last week.The lines are down...it's been privatised, they're downsizing and the ghosts are employed in India".
Also, why do people in past lives always state they were royalty.An Egyptian princess or Liz the first...what about peasants,lepers, the general hoi polloi.
"It's cloudy...the mists are opening...I can hear street sounds and...Fuck!What is that smell? Oh, it's me...I'm a crippled beggar...Christ!They've emptied a chamber pot on my head. Garde de fucking lieu indeed".
Hardly Hollywood and not so attractive.Spirit guides do seem to be 'Red Indians'or African mystics. What about Bert the window cleaner from Bognor Regis...isn't he mystical enough.I'm sure he was in touch with the spirit of the earth when he worked his allotment....especially after several pints of mild.
I would like to believe and I have on one occasion seen a ghost which frightened the bejasus out of me, which I will save for another post.There are more things in heaven and earth than is so far explained by science. I was brought up as a Catholic and I do believe there is an afterlife...what it is I haven't a clue.Suffice to say we are probably in for a bloody great surprise when we reach there.It could be a supermarket...stuck in the frozen foods aisle for eternity or, we are all reincarnated.Bags I'm a pampered cat with a friendly cat lady.Animal rights activists come back as beagles 'cough' or as foxhounds.Well the Almighty might want a cheap laugh.Tony Blair comes back as a poodle; Margaret Thatcher as a Mynah bird;Elvis Presley has come back and is in a burger near you now.Karma innit?
TTFN.

1 Comments:

Blogger Seany said...

I don't believe in reincarnation now and I didn't when I was a frog...

11:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home