A much needed four days off and the weather was generally good too. Lazing about in the garden or at the modelling bench plus rather too much alcohol but all in all, a lovely quiet time at home plus a couple of slow and relaxed walks along the river.
I finally completed the Henderson motorcycle today and buy, did it test me. Brittle but hard plastic that didn't like glue and the thin papers frequently snapped.
Despite the brittle finicky parts I enjoyed this build but I am also pleased to have completed it. It is apparently a rare kit and it has been the most expensive I have bought to date. But, as Sue said "You'll regret it if you don't buy it" so I did and I am very glad I did.
It has given me the taste for other vintage motorcycle builds and I shall keep my eyes peeled for any on offer.
Enough pictures already but completed, placed on display and it doesn't take up too much room. I now have to consider my next build and it will be an aircraft but which one? I usually place a few kits in front of me, look up information on each one and pick out the one that most appeals to me at the time.
I don't have any more time booked off until the end of September unless the government goes ahead with its latest wheeze. Over fifties and obese people will be told to stay at home and shield. I tick both those boxes although the latter I am slowly tackling through diet. But...really?!!!
I've had this damn virus and I have also worked through the last five months generally exposed to all sorts. If they really want to give me three months off, paid to stay at home and build models, read books, tackle the garden and watch movies then I am ok with that. If this is applied the likely result will be the economy collapsing and the fun and games will begin. Absolutely crazy idea but I'll happily comply although I suspect I'll be asked to do telephone work from home but I can't see patients being happy with this as they are asking to see staff face to face now. Hans Christian Anderson put it better and Danny Kaye is always simply marvellous...
TTFN.




2 Comments:
Given that most large organisations are run by people over 50, I wonder what the hell the idea is?
Hope this week is proving to be less 'interesting' than you feared.
We have some answers and are plodding on. Unfortunately my week has become interesting after eating some smoke salmon yesterday and I am now off sick! Weak black tea and dry toast are on my menu.
Post a Comment
<< Home