Absence makes the heart stronger...or perhaps not as I have nothing to report other than work and more work. I said the cracks are starting to show with the CV-19 lockdown and our work. Crisis after crisis this week and today as I was heading out the door at 4 p.m having secured an hour off from the accrued several hours time owing I was still being chased for work! 8 a.m. starts and late finishes is not good so three days off will be gleefully devoured.
This part has been deleted: the original entry gone but all is good. ;)
Otherwise my plans are for modelling, more tidying of the garden and if the sun shines, I intend to sit out with a good book, some good coffee and top up my vitamin D.
TTFN.
5 Comments:
All's well that ends well. You did good to look out for him, even if you can't keep him.
Sounds pretty hectic at work, good luck.
Poor Elvis - but you did all you could (and more). I have no idea how anyone can treat an animal like that. Hope he'll be happy in his re-home.
Enjoy your very well deserved time off.
I'm convinced that the government's 'playing' with people re the lockdown and not updating plans in their promised timescales is doing a lot of damage to many people's MH - including those who don't normally have problems.
MH and the myriad of post-viral syndromes are growth areas for the future. Discuss.
He is going to be cared for and hopefully he isn't to unwell. We are still awaiting news and I'm hoping to receive that this weekend.
There have been many discussions at work between staff about post-viral syndromes. We're expecting to be inundated with people presenting with everything from anxiety and depression to PTSD and whatever new psychiatric conditions emerge from this unholy mess. The current crop of crises might have happened anyway but several are a result of isolation from the lockdown, fear and anxiety plus the lack of face to face support from ourselves and other agencies. I have a low opinion of politicians generally and of managers but I'm not impressed to be honest. I'm not sure any of the current shower irrespective of party could have handled this well as I believe preparedness just wasn't there. We can lay that blame at the feet of the administrations from the last ten plus years as SARS, MERS and Ebloa could be seen to be the canary in the mine and we should have learned from that.
As for our team, we have become very close knit, supportive and we have identified those who have not only been absent during this crisis but some of whom have been a hindrance cough social services cough cough! Whether there is a genuine risk of harm or not from this virus, sitting at home in safety and comfort but sending out demands / 'helpful' suggestions to go and see someone... Our standard response now is "We have PPE, come and join us for a joint visit" results in silence.As for the moronic manager who reported each of the teams for not social distancing, she is enjoying Coventry and will do so for some time to come. The fall out from this experience will last for a long time and we can force changes happening, not necessarily for the best.
Blimey, this could have been a blog post in itself as lots to say as I have three days off to reflect.
Is this the same 'manager' who went on leave at the begining of the crisis?
Am I just very old and cynical now, or is this style of 'management' worse than it has ever been? And what causes people to believe that they will get the best out of their staff by behaving in this sort of way?
You have my total sympathy. Your job is hard enough without moronic management making it doubly so. As you are all working toether so well now, could you all put in a joint formal complaint?
Local Authorities - all departments - seem to be only giving orders to others currently, and refusing to be hands on. And not just SSDs.
Post a Comment
<< Home