Wednesday, July 01, 2026

 Phew! What a scorcher this past week has been although slightly cooler today but the Met office is predicting a heatwave next week and talking about late 30’s C, possibly 40°C plus. We have the fans ready, ices in the freezer and we will continue to do what we can to keep the house cool. However, today the back door is shut and Winnie is again grounded for today. She again disappeared yesterday and she was eventually found by No.1 son cowering amongst the dumped rubbish pile in the alleyway. Piecing together the days events and the finger of suspicion points to Mindy chasing her away and terrorising her. Poor little thing, she is frightened by Mindy who is in the dog house. UN peacekeeping rules back in action!



Regarding the hot weather modelling has taken a back seat whilst I enjoy the garden and sunshine.The above three models of the Armoured Recovery Vehicle, the EBR-11 French armoured car and the Jagdpanther have been weathered and clear coated. The Jagdpanther is complete and the other two require some basic decals as I am keeping them simple.


The Japanese ‘Nate’ aircraft is finished and the 1/48 Sopwith Dolphin is slowly having the rigging attached which is a slow job requiring a lot of intense attention. The hot weather has an impact on painting and I do wonder how modellers in the hotter states in the USA and Australia cope, possibly air con is a big help. I am finishing up these models before starting a new build and as always, I am unsure what to do next. I want to build one of the bigger kits but there’s no hurry as the hot weather is too good to waste. 

I also took to thinking about my career as it is nearly three years since I retired and occasionally memories drift smoke like through my consciousness, particularly when I am sat out in the garden enjoying the birdsong and watching the cats at play. Some pleasant BBQ smoke memories and others pungent  burning house memories. It got me thinking that perhaps I have reached the point where I can write some of them down, suitably anonymised as to person, place and time. I will sketch a few out over the next few weeks and apply keyboard to virtual paper. We shall see how it goes.

Otherwise, time to enjoy an hour or so in the garden before the full sun hits the back garden.

TTFN.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

It's a heat wave here, too, but slightly milder though still hot expected this weekend. I didn't always have air conditioning, but not sure I could live without it now. Take care.

I'd love to hear some of your stories.

9:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I might be imagining it, but I seem to recall that you did write up some of your old memories a few years back? They were fascinating, an I'd love to read more. Particularly from a "this wouldn't happen now..." angle.

Blowing a hoolie here right now! And only about 20C.

- BW

3:20 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

I used to enjoy the air con at work during hot spells Scott, just fans at home now.

I did write a few stories previously BW and I will have to check so I don’t repeat myself. A few “This wouldn’t happen now” stories do come to mind so I will post one soon.

I tried posting today but once again I could not upload photos…very bizarre.

8:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home