Saturday, May 15, 2021

 No new model build updates as this week has been a busier one than usual work wise and I seem to be either working, slumped in a chair with a good book or sleeping. I have now received the things I need for continuing with the build of the Spitfire...


I am amused by the leaflet which came with the RAF crew figures although no cats featured. Cats simply 'borrow' an important part and hide it away for another day! There is also some lead wiring in different gauges for the engine which I intend to detail further just to the left of the box.

We went out for a short walk in between the heavy showers of rain and yes, it's Swan watch! They have hatched and there are seven little cygnets.


Despite the on-going building work which was suspended around their nesting site, they built a large mound and et voila! 


Hopefully they will all survive but it's not unusual to lose one or two of them to either predators or accidents. I include the feral human twats who cause problems for local wildlife amongst the worse predators.


You can just see the refurbished smaller bridge in the distance and the new bigger bridge is also in place but not yet open. This is what is planned for the old buildings and I am pleased to see redevelopment at last but we'll see how it pans out.
Meanwhile, the media making lots of noise about another variant of Covid and potential further lockdowns...I shall hauld my whisht as my father would have said and comment no further on that. Rain has stopped play in the garden and I have several chilli plants (Birds eye, Habanero and Naga), one tomato plant, some lettuce and Marigolds to plant out. I shall dodge the showers tomorrow but I hope this not an indication of a wet, cool summer ahead of us.

TTFN.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

I looked to the left as instructed and I saw... a Twix! What's that for then? ;)

Cygnets are lovely, hope they survive.

And why oh why, with all the increase in covid numbers do they not just delay Monday's relaxation of restrictions? Nicola has! Oh... wait... lobbying interests and bungs. Nuff said.

4:35 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Oops! That Twix crept in somehow.

Yes, hopefully they will survive as it's a harsh world for the cygnets.
I have given up following the nonsense that passes for news and as they say, money talks!

4:55 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

Twix? Left or right Twix? No matter, not sure they're even using the same commercials over there. But I do love caramel..

I like the swans and cygnets! I know you're on the ocean in Grimsby, but is this freshwater? Do swans venture into saltwater, even? Believe it or not, I never even smelled the ocean until we eloped to Jamaica in 2001. Was hoping for a return trip about right now, but for the times.

I hope the cygnets do well, but yes, all sorts of dangers in these times, natural and ignorant.

Sorry to hear of bad Covid news there. Our area seems to be doing quite well, thankfully. I may post soon once I gather the info to back that up.

5:46 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

Lol. Yes, we do have the same adverts and this could be a rogue left twin.

They are on the River Freshney and it is sweet water but the barrier to the old Alexandra Dock stops the tide bringing salt water up stream.
The Covid news is confusing and at times nonsensical.

11:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home