Friday, September 12, 2008

How real ale drinkers see themselves.



















Quiz night last night and there were tumbleweeds blowing through the pub. No matter how often a politician says "There is no recession" the evidence is all around us. A choice of tasty ale at £2.00 a pint or a case of shite lager at £10.00 a case with a takeaway in front of the telly? Sadly, more people will opt for the latter because it's affordable.
We were a creditable third but no pwizes. But after a few tasty beers I fell off the dietary wagon as I succumbed to the dreaded munchies. The hot buttered bagel and peanuts were delicious...I'll say a few dietary Hail Mary's this morning as a penance.
Yes, I am on a diet. A dodgy right knee brought it home to me that weight loss would help take the pressure off my knee. I am learning how to make low fat curries and eating fruit by the ton. It's a good job I love oranges. Oddly enough I miss bread the most, hence the bagel last night.

What everyone else sees.

















I am hoping a combination of diet and brisk dog walking will begin my dietary journey as the nhs health advisors would term it. I'm off to eat some pineapple.
TTFN.

Yes...I bear a vague resemblance to the first picture!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Seany said...

I refuse to have any pretentions on the matter. I used to be a fat real ale drinker - now I'm a slightly less fat real ale drinker.

The fat to less fat process has now come to a standstill and the latter part of my description will never change!

1:35 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

I too am attempting to move to the less fat real ale drinker. I'll pretend the world of takeaways, large meals and lots of cheese and pies was my imagination.
Damn my active imagination.

7:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home