I'm a well bunny today but anxiety has set in, for tomorrow I have the job interview. 1 and a 1/2 hours of questions, role playing and other assorted tortures at the hands of psychologists. I've done some reading around the job itself plus general background stuff. Otherwise it comes down to 'Showtime' and "Act baby, show 'em your stuff".

It's odd really because my interview a few weeks back I was quite relaxed prior to the interview. Maybe it's because I have invested a lot in this exercise, a desire to succeed and a recognition that this is one of those golden opportunities. Whereas the last interview was something I thought I would 'just have a go at'.

Apart from some reading today I have attempted to distract myself: entering the Sunday paper crossword with a prize of £1500 and a lengthy walk with the mutt. She is now sprawled at my feet fast asleep and I am resting my aching feet. Looking up obscure North American Indian tribes and nineteenth century writers via the 'net. What did crossword cheats do before the internet? Have an extensive library I guess.
Oddly enough, many years ago, I gave support to a work colleague to prepare for her job interview. She did well and got the job. Ironically, she interviewed me for a job years later and I was dreadful. My mind went blank and I dried up completely. Her words of encouragement stayed with me and the next two interviews I sailed through. They were "You were rubbish Del, I'd have thought you'd do better. We certainly don't want someone like you". Needless to say our friendship ended that day and I console myself witha doll in her image and sharp pins the knowedge of her being stuck and unhappy in a dead end job. There is a famous saying about the people you step on to get to the top. You will meet them on your way down. It does amaze me that in the 'caring professions' there does seem to be a large number of thorough going bastards who, in their scramble for power and status, will kick others in the teeth to get there. They tend to get into managerial positions although there are exceptions to the rule....counts fingers on one hand.
Time for tea and to read another research article. Roll on tomorrow evening....
TTFN.

It's odd really because my interview a few weeks back I was quite relaxed prior to the interview. Maybe it's because I have invested a lot in this exercise, a desire to succeed and a recognition that this is one of those golden opportunities. Whereas the last interview was something I thought I would 'just have a go at'.

Apart from some reading today I have attempted to distract myself: entering the Sunday paper crossword with a prize of £1500 and a lengthy walk with the mutt. She is now sprawled at my feet fast asleep and I am resting my aching feet. Looking up obscure North American Indian tribes and nineteenth century writers via the 'net. What did crossword cheats do before the internet? Have an extensive library I guess.
Oddly enough, many years ago, I gave support to a work colleague to prepare for her job interview. She did well and got the job. Ironically, she interviewed me for a job years later and I was dreadful. My mind went blank and I dried up completely. Her words of encouragement stayed with me and the next two interviews I sailed through. They were "You were rubbish Del, I'd have thought you'd do better. We certainly don't want someone like you". Needless to say our friendship ended that day and I console myself with
Time for tea and to read another research article. Roll on tomorrow evening....
TTFN.
4 Comments:
I *so* identify with the end of your penultimate paragraph. You are so right.
But, all one ever has to do with these people is wait. One day ;)
Hope it went well?
I left with a good vibe. Whether I got the job or not...I'm making sure my mobile lives up to it's name and is upon my person, not in a drawer somewhere.
...and awaiting that call.
Update: That helpful ex-friend quit before she was sacked after she had made some interesting comments about a patient whose answrphone had recorded it all. Karma!
Post a Comment
<< Home