Some good news...my Dad is comfortable in hospital although attempting to contact the ward is next to impossible. Uncles and Aunts are keeping me up to speed. Mrs.C spoke with them and asked me what language they were speaking. The accent is strong and they do speak quickly. Surprisingly, I quickly adopt the nuances and phrasing after talking with them but that's to be expected. Every summer we spent two months in Ireland and we would return having acquired our accents back: a combination of Ulster and midlands Irish!
But he is being cared for and hopefully he will recover fairly quickly.
More good news - I received my OU results and I passed. As I expected, an average mark but I did bugger all revision for the exam because my enthusiasm for the course had all but evaporated. Apart from completing this shortened psychosis course in February, I intend to concentrate on the psychotherapy training over the next year. It is bizarre, all this extra training and studying and apart from the extra qualifications I do not receive any extra pay. Only in nursing... having said that, I keep looking at the OU curriculum and salivating over the history courses. Sadly, that can wait for another year.
All the presents bought and wrapped up under the tree. Just the shopping for the food itself over the two days of feasting and celebrations. A work colleague buys a special Christmas dinner for her cat. Sod that! Ours feast on the turkey, ham, and beef, etc...over the week. The mutt eats almost anything including the cats share if no one is looking. However, we do keep the madness to a minimum and don't overstock on the food. We used to have a hamper-a-la-farepack but gave that up years ago. A lot of the food could be bought more cheaply at Asda's and others weren't needed. Piccalilli....yeuch! Fresh veg from the market, meat ordered in, lots of fruit and the obligatory mince pies and yule log. As for alcohol, I am usually working so little of that. This year I have Christmas off and I can relax from 8 am on the day itself (I am on call on Christmas Eve). So a glass or two of a nice dry Sherry and some good wine on the day itself with the meal and the fambly around...'Deal or no Deal' after dinner (yes, I am hooked).
Yes, I am looking forward to Christmas...nine days to go.
TTFN.
But he is being cared for and hopefully he will recover fairly quickly.
More good news - I received my OU results and I passed. As I expected, an average mark but I did bugger all revision for the exam because my enthusiasm for the course had all but evaporated. Apart from completing this shortened psychosis course in February, I intend to concentrate on the psychotherapy training over the next year. It is bizarre, all this extra training and studying and apart from the extra qualifications I do not receive any extra pay. Only in nursing... having said that, I keep looking at the OU curriculum and salivating over the history courses. Sadly, that can wait for another year.
All the presents bought and wrapped up under the tree. Just the shopping for the food itself over the two days of feasting and celebrations. A work colleague buys a special Christmas dinner for her cat. Sod that! Ours feast on the turkey, ham, and beef, etc...over the week. The mutt eats almost anything including the cats share if no one is looking. However, we do keep the madness to a minimum and don't overstock on the food. We used to have a hamper-a-la-farepack but gave that up years ago. A lot of the food could be bought more cheaply at Asda's and others weren't needed. Piccalilli....yeuch! Fresh veg from the market, meat ordered in, lots of fruit and the obligatory mince pies and yule log. As for alcohol, I am usually working so little of that. This year I have Christmas off and I can relax from 8 am on the day itself (I am on call on Christmas Eve). So a glass or two of a nice dry Sherry and some good wine on the day itself with the meal and the fambly around...'Deal or no Deal' after dinner (yes, I am hooked).
Yes, I am looking forward to Christmas...nine days to go.
TTFN.
3 Comments:
Glad to hear your Dad's on the mend and congrats on the OU pass!
Cheers Seany!
Two pints of Taylor's 'Golden Best' in the Tap this afternoon by way of a celebration.
Quite right too! I'm abstaining this weekend but I'll be out to sample the best of their festive wares on Friday
Post a Comment
<< Home