Tuesday, July 10, 2007

It is said that bad luck comes in threes...I am sure someone somewhere has earned a PhD from studying this phenomenonmennonnon....
Since Friday my daughter has been assaulted, my car assaulted and today...Mrs.C's health has been assaulted (Peanuts!). Her 'bad back' necessitated a trip to the doctor who has prescribed a number of mind the gap altering drugs so as to alleviate two possible leurgies. So I have been playing at 'real nursing' today and ministering to her every need. The first lot of drugs and the bacon sarnie I made for her did the trick. She was out like a light and is currently spark out on the sofa. I suggested at some unearthly hour this morning that a trip to A&E might in order and her reply..."No, I feel like a fraud, we'll go to the surgery instead". Cue several more hours of her doubled up in pain and she was initially seen by an excellent nurse practitioner once we had negotiated the dragons answering the phones.
Receptionist: "Is it urgent?"
Me: "Yes"
R: "How urgent?"
M: "It's urgent...is there something more urgent than urgent? If so, we'll need an undertaker instead."
R: "I need to ascertain if it's really serious and she needs to see the doctor".
M: "Why? Surely the doctor examines her and s/he'll make that clinical decision" (said with just a touch of exasperation).
R: "Eleven o'clock and it's the nurse practitioner".

Despite the lengthy wait (50 minutes) Mrs.C received an excellent service and hopefully this will sort her out. Having worked in the NHS over the past 22 years I am happy to say that GP's are worth every penny, despite this mealy mouthed lying government's attempt to label GP's as greedy, selfish , etc...The government negotiated the pay and conditions that led to this current out of hours agreement and to pay by results. GP's had for years worked more than they were paid for so this deal rewarded them by paying for the work completed. Surprise! Surprise! GP's started to earn decent salaries commensurate with their workloads as well as regaining a social life. So, for this bunch of lying, hypocritical face-in-the-trough thieving bastards to accuse GP's of greed is beyond belief. To qualify as a GP takes approximately ten years. I am more than happy to know that the GP my son, mother, wife all see is an extremely well qualified and trained generalist doctor who will do their best to provide a good service. There are a few crap doctors and everyone can tell a story about a bad doctor. There are a hell of a lot more crap politicians out there who have the temerity to ensure they are well rewarded. Pay, pensions, funding for second homes in London, secretarial services....Mandelson is one example of the type of politician who personifies the arrogant, clueless, meddling twat who tells Joe public to do as I say, not as I do because I know better.
Whoops...soapbox alert!
Finally, David 'Eco-warrior' Cameron wants to slap 7 pence on a pint of beer so as to reduce alcohol problems and drink-fuelled crime committed by youths. Sensible drinking in the conviviality of a pub, especially of a good pint of real ale, on top of the smoking ban will really help the local British pub thrive. Meanwhile, the local underage toerags pouring cheap supermarket superstrength cider down their throats out on the streets will not be effected at all. Sensible policy Dave, keep your hoodie mates sweet but punish hardworking, tax paying adults. You chinless Eton twat! Get a real job and find out what life is really like at ground level.
For balance I should criticise the LibDems.....erm....what do they do?
Rant over, for now, as I have been summoned to minister to the sick once again.
TTFN.

1 Comments:

Blogger Seany said...

I really don't care what my GP earns; I'm sure he earns it. They offer a walk-in no-appointment system, employ friendly receptionists and offer plenty of outpatient services.

And he's always pleased to hear that I'm still not smoking, trying to lose weight and only drinking the occasional glass of sherry now and then...

9:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home