Cold, wet and grey out there…as always, perfect for modelling but accidents do happen. Yesterday I was working on the Matchbox Stranraer and I finally decided to crack on with the rigging. I had been avoiding it for some reason and had built three other kits in the meantime and I am working on two small biplanes.
This is the state of play from this morning and I will rig the aircraft slowly and carefully but I will need to order more CA glue. Luckily, Winnie was not on the desk as she does like to watch me at work and occasionally offers a helpful paw!
We are also trying to sort out our mobile phone provider as they have moved us both to cheaper tariffs but it appears that payments for Sue did not go through. It is the usual ‘progress’ where we have to register with the provider again and use their app to top up our pay as you go each month. The old way was easier where Sue received a text and I topped her phone up once a month. Mine is sorted apart from cancelling the DD I previously used but Sue’s is taking some sorting out. I wonder why if something works it can’t just be left alone but I suspect money is at the root of this change. It bodes well for the proposed digital ID and smart phone technology for us old folks! On the plus side, our monthly payments have been halved and are cheap as chips but that could have been done under the old system of payments. C’est la vie…
TTFN.


2 Comments:
We have several small piles of superglue on various surfaces where the container has fallen over. Not well designed!
And as for companies making things so much harder than they need to be... Grrrrr.
We've been with GiffGaff (uses O2) for years now - SIM only, no contract, £6 per month, 2GB data (of which I use none, but there aren't tariffs for people like me!), unlimited everything else, no hassle, no price rises, and the website is great on the very rare occasions when you need it. Sure there are slightly cheaper providers (but maybe not using O2, which we need due to our location's geography), but for a couple of quid a month I can't cope with the potential hassle of cheappie places.
- BW
That sounds like the deal we now have with Tesco. Sim only, I won’t rent a silly overpriced mobile.
Post a Comment
<< Home