Sunday, November 30, 2025

 And then there were six…


But…he was only temporary as we found his owners via social media and they collected him yesterday afternoon. Ash, an intact male cat who was very friendly but unfortunately he sprayed liberally in various spots around the house! We cleaned up various areas and fussed our own cats who were very much discombobulated by his presence. He was outside all night and he managed to get in by following his mate Sherlock who wasn’t bothered by his presence. He was very wet and hungry and suggestions were made to his owners that neutering will stop him wandering as he is search of female cats. A happy ending for once for one of the waifs and strays that turn up on our doorstep.

The weather has been horrendous with sudden deluges of the monsoon variety and then a full twenty four hours of heavy rain. However, today is bright and sunny but cold with the next seven days predicted to have more rain. Hence the soggy moggy allowed to come in briefly.


Work continues on the Stranraer with rigging coming along slowly and I have some CA gel glue which Sue spotted in the shop yesterday. I am taking my time with this as accidents of spilled glue and struggles with the rigging means I take a slow but steady approach. The little Gloster Gauntlet beside it now has an undercarriage cut from plastic rod and another coat of clear coat. I also bought some metallic ink pens which is excellent for painting the small metal parts such as the cowling rings on the Stranraer. A copper colour applied and with a wash to darken it, it should be an approximate colour to the real thing.


They are from the same company that made the new compressor set I bought earlier this year. There are several acrylic colour pen sets and I want to see how this one pans out. They will be useful for those small areas which are difficult to paint and are also very convenient. I bought them at a reduced price and it was further reduced using a code provided by one of the modelling yt channels I follow. 

Otherwise little to say as we now approach countdown to the festive season, holiday adverts already on every media but mute button deployed. I have discovered ‘Upstairs, Downstairs’, an early seventies TV programme set in a wealthy home looking at the fictional lives of the wealthy and their servants. A sort of early Downton Abbey without the 21st century nonsensical hindsight. I never saw it the first time around and I gather there was a remake a few years ago…always a bad idea. I am surprised producers haven’t made a new version of Colombo. But enough old man’s grumpiness…

TTFN.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Ooh, I remember that smell well. Thankfully it's been a very long time since. Basil has had his urinary issues, but that wasn't the same smell as an intact male spray. Good on you looking out for the soul, but that's what happens sometimes, I guess. We clean it up, we move on.

10:53 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

He was very friendly but it put the cats of sorts for a day apart from Sherlock who slept through it all. He’s seen it all before. Yes, sprays and joss sticks were required.

10:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home