Doldrums...

What I did today.
Actually, I was kept busy today what with looking for a replacement cooker and pottering about at odd jobs. Since the excitement of the weekend and finally laying the OU course to rest I find that I have run out of steam. I have a course to complete for work and enthusiasm is in short supply this week. Energy is also lacking and I find I am running at 20 watts instead of my usual 100. I also managed to watch 'Deal or No Deal' today, momentarily overcoming my dislike of Noel Edmonds. Oddly enough I did enjoy it but he is still a twat. Will I watch it again? Probably not. Also, when did Des O'Connor take over at Countdown? I knew Richard Whitely had shuffled off this mortal coil and received plaudits usually reserved for people with the stature of Ghandi...but Des! I think I'll stick to radio during the day and the internet when verging mediocre cranks the power up properly.
Nevermind...the car should be returned from having her repairs completed tomorrow and I can take the pooch up to the beach for a run around. She was a big hit with the wino's today on her walk as they partook of their sherry and electric soup. Also the little girl who ran up, grabbed her and after several minutes of 'manhandling'the mutt asked "Does he bite mister?" I think today may have been a taster of future retirement...bloody hell, I hope not for another ten years at least.
Time for a beer to soothe my nerves and fuel my brain for the backgammon contest.
Music: Tubular Bells and Genesis.
Accompaniment: Dog thumping tail (good name for a band that).
TTFN.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home