Friday, September 11, 2026

 After a week of the plague in the house with No.1 son catching a horrible cold and then Sue and I succumbing to it. Mine has almost gone although yesterday’s grass cutting added a dusting of hay fever to the recipe and Sue’s cold is still lingering. 

The grass is a lovely verdant colour after the rain of the past ten days and the weather is cooler, decidedly chilly in the mornings. One ‘bonus’ of back pain is that some mornings I am up very early and I usually have the back door open for the cats as I enjoy a cup of tea, pain relief and the Tens machine to get me moving…it takes a while! I have certainly noticed the change in the seasons. I managed to cut the grass yesterday with feline supervision and my plan is to weed and clear the garden beds, pots and raised bed over the next two weeks for a clean start. We discussed methods of making the garden easier to manage for two oldies who are gradually falling to bits. Luckily the garden isn’t that big and I enjoy being out in it. Our two oldest cats, Sherlock and Maisie have slowed down and prefer to stay in the garden or next door, not going too far away so I shall create some aids for them to climb up onto the walls and fence. Poor old moggies, it’s hard watching them grow old.

I am still having trouble uploading pictures to the blog hence the lack of entries lately. I suspect goo gle is attempting to nudge me towards using their platform instead of my usual one. I have six model builds in various stages but having the cold meant I had to abstain from airbrushing paint onto the builds. The latest one was a ‘gift’ from a vlogger I follow whose group I am a member of. It’s a German Bücker Bü 131D training aircraft, a two seater biplane and this one has skis instead of wheels. I bought aftermarket figures, rigging points and seats with attached seatbelts as it is in 1/32 scale and I really want to do it justice. It’s made by ICM, a Ukrainian model company that continues to produce some of the best kits on the market despite the Russian efforts to destroy the country and people. Astonishing really. 

Otherwise not much has changed here but today my thoughts go out to those victims of 9/11.

TTFN.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are OK, even if that is a relative term (for all of us of a certain age) these days!

It feels like we have gone straight from summer to winter as far as temperatures are concerned.

How's the nearby building? Hope it's not too noisy or dusty.

- BW

1:52 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thanks BW.
Sadly the ongoing building works remain noisy and dusty. The bridge that closed for a year for repairs is now approaching its fourth year. The new housing estate will be ongoing for another year and the building of the new cinema complex will be another few months. We are surrounded by building works!
Our heating clicked on this morning which was a surprise.

8:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home