Friday, May 09, 2025

 Well that was horrible…two days of excruciating pain and bent double after I moved the large and extremely heavy garden bin. I never learn and paid the price with today being the first day I can potter around and get back in the garden. Sue bought me a small tomato kit which is now seeded and safely situated in the kitchen window away from enquiring cats. I have two small tins of wildflower seeds to scatter on the rough ground near the fence so I can do that today. I should cut the grass but I am mindful I have to be careful and pace myself. But the sun is out after an absence of a few days but still no rain…the media are talking of water shortages this summer.

On the model front I have made progress on this…



It’s the Soviet T 28 and now needs a washes and weathering for a suitable diorama with the figures which also require tidying up.



The F-104G now has tiger stripes but it is messy and I discovered the needle in my old airbrush is slightly bent at the tip. Time for a replacement needle but I have three other airbrushes so no worries there. I will make up some masks and tidy up the stripes but for me this is a practice mule so if it turns out ok I will be happy.

I also have a new kit which arrived today, one that has been on my highly desirable kit list for a few years now and I bought it at a very cheap price. A rare kit but often avoided as it is basic and requires a lot of work and rigging.



The very first heavy four engined commercial passenger aircraft and then bomber during WW1 and yes, the Sikorsky who moved to the USA and late made helicopters.  

Time for the garden as it is a heady 16°C today and once the seeds are scattered I intend to sit out with a good book and ignore the nonsense prevalent in the world today.


TTFN.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The weather has been fabulous today... but no rain still, and none in the forecast either. Very worrying.

Look after your back. Good luck with the seeds.

- BW

7:35 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thanks BW. Topping up my tan until neighbours a couple of doors down lit a fire! Wild flower seeds in after grass and weeds cleared. Same tomorrow after grass cut and night stocks going into another cleared patch. Low effort gardening this year only. I spent ages trying to identify a purple flowering wall plant and I think it’s a Common Comfrey.

9:56 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

We had the same weather today, sounds like. No recent rain here, and no more than 30% chance next week, that I see they're guessing now.

Models are looking good and good luck with the wildflowers. And take care of your back!

11:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home