Saturday, November 13, 2021

 


Yesterday afternoon Sue and I went for a walk on Cleethorpes Beach to blow the cobwebs away and get some fresh sea (Estuary) air. Lots of dog walkers, joggers and others like us promenading along the beach and the promenade!



The tide was well out and although there was a slight breeze it was remarkably still as we arrived there just before twilight.


Lights on and preparations being made for the evening and night ahead. Most locals, of our age anyway, do this before the young 'uns descend on the pubs and nightclubs. As I am of an age and I had done the same many years ago it's not for me or Sue. We enjoyed watching the dogs run around and it must be an olfactory heaven for them.


The above photo is looking west towards Grimsby.


Ships waiting out at sea for the tide to turn but the above blurry photo shows one ship leaving either Hull or Immingham and making its way to sea. We had a discussion about whether pilots board the ships before they enter the Humber river or if the ships wait until they are near the port. Something to look into...Here is the answer. I would love to go out for a day with them so perhaps a cheeky request might be sent in !

A lovely walk followed by much needed Haddock, chips and mushy peas plus a strong cup of Rosy Lee.
Just the ticket and we plan to do the same at least once a week now particularly if it is stormy weather to soak up the atmosphere. I must also improve my camera work with the new mobile phone and avoid those blurry pictures.

TTFN.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home